I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,284 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on having the cabin just about being ready for use. :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Mooloo please make sure its well locked up and insured

Yes has locked windows, mortise locks and intruder alarm and security light.
    And I changed my insurance on Friday.

I would like to be pottering out there this evening but DS went to work at 5pm and I am doing the babysitting duties.
    Dgd has so far got out of bed 23 times and we are at the Supernanny tip of returning him to bed and not saying anything else anymore.
    I just hope that he soon tires before he wakes up the baby.
    We're a bit low on milk as the milk man only delivered half my order today.

Time to go back up again.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • dreaming
    dreaming Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good news about getting your cabing organised. Maybe you should make it a (very firm) rule that it is for you, and not to be used as a playroom/hang-out room/whatever. Friends of mine set up something to be used as a work room/craft studio but their teenage boys decided it was a good place to hang out with their mates away from "the olds". They soon got evicted and friends now use it for their own "hideaway" as much as for work.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't give in to 'The lad' Mooloo, otherwise you will just teach him that he will get his own way if he keeps going for long enough. I remember being advised to say 'yes' straight away if I didn't think I could stick to 'no' for however long it was needed and it was good advice, hard though it can be to follow!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Supernanny wasn't around when mine were growing up but what you are doing is pretty effective. If you don't engage but return the child to bed , sheer exhaustion or boredom eventually does the trick.

Do you get your milk from Milk and More? They get very poor reviews on delivery problems. It seems their website is a nightmare too. I'm lucky to be with a traditional dairy established in 1949 and family owned. The dairy farm is near here and whatever the weather the milk arrives. If you have further problems it's worth seeing if there is another dairy nearby.

Hope the lad goes to sleep soon and the meeting tomorrow goes well.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Lost count of how many times I have had to put him back in bed.
    Over 26 and then it's become a bit of a blur.
    I am not saying anything, just putting him in there and walking out of the room. I have taken to sitting in my room so I can get him back in his bed without running up and down the stairs.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope that the lad settles soon & that all goes well tomorrow.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's a good idea to be upstairs in your room , there are only so many times you can go up and down the stairs without losing the will to go on.

Is your mum in France? I remember you sorting out her boarding pass but not sure when she was due to go.

Could your son take the lad and baby out to the park or somewhere tomorrow when he's had some sleep and try to let the lad wear himself out running around? If he's used to running around at Pre School he may sleep better after being out .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Finally he's asleep but now I can hear the baby stirring.
    I have come to bed and will read for a few minutes and see if he wakes up before I attempt to sleep.
    Tomorrow he will be in Preschool, and we have a social meeting so Biggest is going to collect him for us, as DS has work again tomorrow evening for the football club. So Biggest is going to be bringing her little ones and an Ikea unit for my cabin, and she will see the cabin for the first time.
    Mum is still in France, she comes back on my Birthday next week.
    I will probably have to bring work home tomorrow as I will not get a full day due to the meetings etc.
    I am hoping that I will have some time to go outside either tomorrow night or Wednesday morning.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope that you have a peaceful night.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure