Inverter with "backup" output

One month ago i had a solar PV system installed which includes a battery and uses a Goodwe inverter. Apart from the feed-in to my mains there is a second "backup" output that was not connected at the time of installation. My understanding is that this output will continue after a mans power failure (after a brief interruption) and can in fact be set to be on all the time. So I was wondering about wiring my lights and possibly an electrical socket into this output so I would have lighting and emergency power(until the battery get discharged) in the event of a mains failure. Is there anyone else who has done this and can offer hints and tips?
Reed

Comments

• mre15
    mre15 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I have a Solis hybrid with this function. I have wired the backup output to a separate garage consumer unit and then swapped over the circuits I wanted to that.
    It works without any issues, I have tested turning off the grid and you don't see any noticeable loss of power on the transfer.
    4.6kWp PV Comprising 16 x Jinko Solar Maxim Optimised 290W panels SSE Facing, Solis Hybrid Inverter and 7.2 kWh Pylontech batteries. Gloucestershire.
  • Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,163 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you mre15. I was planning to use a separate consumer unit for lights and emergency power but I wondered if I needed the option to be able to switch this over to an output from my main consumer unit in case my inverter fails or needs to be taken out of service
    Reed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport