Sky Debt

Hi, need some advice. I am in debt with my Sky account and I am unable to pay it off at the minute but I have been told that my debt is going to be sent to a debt collection shortly if I don’t pay it, but if and when it does go to a debt agency and I pay it off with them in full, will Sky take me back on when I paid my debt balance in full? I would pay it now but I am currently not in position to pay it yet as money is tight.

Any advice would be great as I would love to go back to sky in the next few months.

Thanks for any advice I get.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi, need some advice. I am in debt with my Sky account and I am unable to pay it off at the minute but I have been told that my debt is going to be sent to a debt collection shortly if I don’t pay it, but if and when it does go to a debt agency and I pay it off with them in full, will Sky take me back on when I paid my debt balance in full? I would pay it now but I am currently not in position to pay it yet as money is tight.

Any advice would be great as I would love to go back to sky in the next few months.

Thanks for any advice I get.

You would do better in all honesty to make contact with Sky to see if you can agree a payment instalment plan. By the time it gets to a debt agency and you have 'Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away' banging on your door, its sort of gets out of your control at that point and if you've seen those sort of shows, there is little in the way of compromise.

As to whether Sky would take you back as a new customer... You will probably be credit checked before they say yay or nay. If a debt has reached an agency, that won't do your file any good and will probably nobble your chances for a good few years...
  • Update: I phoned Sky up and the adviser spoken to his supervisor and Sky has written all the debt off for me which is good of them, they only could have done that if I agreed to a new contract with them which I don't mind, just glad my Sky is back on. :)

I don't care what people say about Sky, but Sky is good, better then rubbish Virgin as they wouldn't have done that. Virgin Media are greedy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure