Lloyds Choice Rewards - certain retailers vouchers taken away

I logged into my Lloyds Bank Choice Rewards points account and it appears a lot of the vouchers have gone (most notably Amazon vouchers).

The only ones left of note are Argos, Debenhams and Currys. The rest have gone.

Anyone know if this is a permanent change or a temporary glitch? I think in the last 3 years I've had this card, I must have racked up about £400 worth of Amazon vouchers (handy for Christmas)

Comments

• dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    The card is being discontinued so likely to be permanent.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Must admit I’m wondering when Lloyds Bank will pull the plug on existing customers and transfer us to a standard MasterCard.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    20aday wrote: »
    Must admit I’m wondering when Lloyds Bank will pull the plug on existing customers and transfer us to a standard MasterCard.
    It's already been announced, all customers of the Avios and Choice cards will be transferred to the new Lloyds Avios card (which is rubbish).

Some info here:
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/08/11/lloyds-choice-rewards-card-closing-turned-into-avios-rewards/
  • Interesting, I have not had any letter yet from Lloyds informing me of this. Has anyone else received a letter yet?
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    My bad, I never saw that previously.

As above I’ve had no letter from Lloyds and the link on the Head for Points site leads to a “Page not Found”...
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • I phoned the rewards guys a couple of weeks ago on this.

Apparently, they are expecting to get the Amazon Vouchers back in, but there's no current expected date.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    dj1471 wrote: »
    It's already been announced, all customers of the Avios and Choice cards will be transferred to the new Lloyds Avios card (which is rubbish).

Some info here:
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/08/11/lloyds-choice-rewards-card-closing-turned-into-avios-rewards/

I disagree with the claim that the new card will be rubbish. 0.5 Avios per pound spent makes the card worth keeping. My best cashback card is Nationwide which gives 0.25% cash back - not worth having really. So effectively, I will be paying 0.5p for each Avios point I will earn when my Lloyds Avios card changes. Most people would buy Avios at that price.

Although I agree that the new card will be nowhere near as good as the current Lloyds Amex/MC Avios cards.
  • dqnet
    dqnet Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Just following up on this thread. I had a look today and still no Amazon vouchers. Only Debenhams, Curry's and Argos and I'm really worried the Amazon vouchers are not coming back.

Anyone have any new update on this?

Would it be safer to just cash in a few for Argos vouchers in case they go too?
  • Nick_C wrote: »
    I disagree with the claim that the new card will be rubbish. 0.5 Avios per pound spent makes the card worth keeping. My best cashback card is Nationwide which gives 0.25% cash back - not worth having really. So effectively, I will be paying 0.5p for each Avios point I will earn when my Lloyds Avios card changes. Most people would buy Avios at that price.

Although I agree that the new card will be nowhere near as good as the current Lloyds Amex/MC Avios cards.

Well, Aqua Reward gives 0.5% cash back if I'm not mistaken.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    radoslaff wrote: »
    Well, Aqua Reward gives 0.5% cash back if I'm not mistaken.

True, but I only spend about £1k a year on Mastercard, so it's not worth taking out another credit card (I have 7 currently) just to gain £2.50 cash back.

I don't mind paying up to a penny a point for some of my avios, so for me the Lloyd's MC will continue to make sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure