Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2014

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    edited 1 January 2014 at 8:32PM
    If you are coaster fans forget Disney or Universal and look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Flags_Magic_Mountain.

You can't pool hop just by buying a drink at the bar -a few hotels will let you pay but to be honest in more than fifteen visits to Vegas I've probably visited my hotel's pool four times in total...It's always on the to do list but rarely gets fitted in with so much to do .
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Triolette
    Triolette Posts: 15 Forumite
    I don't think we'll have time for pool hopping :) too much to see and do!
  • Triolette
    Triolette Posts: 15 Forumite
    Six flags looks great... I wonder if I can convince MrT??
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Triolette wrote: »
    Six flags looks great... I wonder if I can convince MrT??

Six flags is great, if you like big rollercoasters as you say you do also Knotts berry farm has a couple of good ones but not as many as many as six flags
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Happy New Year !!Hope you all get to Vegas in 2014!secretmachines,thank you for all your hard work.:)
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    238 days till we go,we normally go in June ,Sept seems a lifetime away!!Just checked my booking and with VA we are x class going and Q class coming home.I know we are economy( OH is a bit of a tight wad!!)but the fact that they are different worries me,could we be wing walking home??!!!:0
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hovis91 wrote: »
    238 days till we go,we normally go in June ,Sept seems a lifetime away!!Just checked my booking and with VA we are x class going and Q class coming home.I know we are economy( OH is a bit of a tight wad!!)but the fact that they are different worries me,could we be wing walking home??!!!:0

They are different fare classes within the economy classification. No problem at all, you may find they have slightly different restriction on date changes or flexibility.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    i'll do myvegas 'howto' in work tomoz and send it over to u secretmachines :)
  • marsman802
    marsman802 Posts: 558 Forumite
    Good lord. After thinking I had no chance of Vegas trip number 5 it seems my brother in law reckons he has a 40th birthday celebration on the cards for him in April.

I've only been in November or January so hoping for pool weather this time round!

Looks circa £780 for 4nts in Aria. Indirect flights but that's fine as BA is coming in £250 more.

Vegas in April then China in May. Got some serious planning to get motivated for!
  • Happy New Year!

What is a reasonable/good rate for US Dollars?

Not been to USA in about 4 years but know its been around 1.5ish for a while. Have seen that travelex have 1.619 as the current rate, is this the best it has been for a while? Going to Vegas in May so wondering whether to maybe get some currency just now. Opinions?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure