Neutral feedback

Received a neutral today with the comment "smaller than advertised". The size is in the listing and it's a commen item, all of which are the same size.

Contacted eBay who said it's the customer's opinion. Since when has a measurement been subject to interpretation ? Asked for a feedback revision but I'm not holding my breath.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's the pits when you get an undeserved neutral. So many ebayers don't appear to read or absorb the blurb describing an item & just seem to visualise a size in their head.

You don't say the approx size of the item, but if it's something small I've seen a lot of people put a coin by the side of the item when taking pictures to give people a better idea & for medium sized items, something like a can of coke can also give a visual indication of the size.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I wouldnt worry, if i was buying off you i wouldnt let that neutral sway me
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just respond to the feedback with "Sorry you were disappointed. The dimensions were clearly listed on the auction though."
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,176 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Received a neutral today with the comment "smaller than advertised". The size is in the listing and it's a commen item, all of which are the same size.

Contacted eBay who said it's the customer's opinion. Since when has a measurement been subject to interpretation ? Asked for a feedback revision but I'm not holding my breath.

I'd try eBay again, I had a neutral removed a few months back for the same reason.
    cattie wrote: »
    It's the pits when you get an undeserved neutral. So many ebayers don't appear to read or absorb the blurb describing an item & just seem to visualise a size in their head.

You don't say the approx size of the item, but if it's something small I've seen a lot of people put a coin by the side of the item when taking pictures to give people a better idea & for medium sized items, something like a can of coke can also give a visual indication of the size.

Having other items in a photo is against eBay rules now , it changed about 3 years ago. Obviously many people still risk it, but it is not really a good idea as it is possible to get a warning for every photo that is in breach of the rules.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • When I check someone's feedback I always click on the neutral and negative to see exactly what was said, whether it's something that would bother me or if it was a serious issue. Sizing issues are neither of those, for me, and most people with common sense do check listings before they buy anyway.

I know it's frustrating but don't worry. The kind of buyers who might be put off by that are probably not the buyers you want anyway.
  • I have tried CS again this morning and they have removed the feedback

However, I have had a positive feedback for the same item stating "not what I expected". I'm at a loss, it is photographed from all angles, with a full description and measurements. It is not an item that comes in various sizes.
  • I have tried CS again this morning and they have removed the feedback

However, I have had a positive feedback for the same item stating "not what I expected". I'm at a loss, it is photographed from all angles, with a full description and measurements. It is not an item that comes in various sizes.

The fact they haven't opened a case means they probably know that they have no recourse, because you very clearly gave dimensions. I'm glad you got the neutral removed, and it sounds like it is very much *their* problem, not yours. Some people are never satisfied, and that's not on you :)
  • Checked other feedback left by the second buyer and she does seem to buy a lot that is not what she expected :o
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,176 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Checked other feedback left by the second buyer and she does seem to buy a lot that is not what she expected :o

That is very often the case, they are either too lazy to read a description or just out to be malicious.

Obviously I can't stop people buying my BINs, but if I get an offer on something then I always check out the feedback left for others, too much frivolous non positive feedback and I decline the offer and block them.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I don't sell clothing but sell products that are often a perceived size. I include as much info as possible for the size (obviously including the measurements), compare it to something relatable, etc. Nearly all my negative/neutral reviews and feedback are either thought they were smaller or thought they were larger. Amazon won't remove reviews if they mention it, feedback can be though.

People are stupid, and I include myself in that! Although I wouldn't leave bad feedback if it was my error in receiving something smaller/larger than I expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure