Applying for credit after moving house

Hi,

We have recently moved house and are full steam ahead on renovation work at the new address. As savings alone won't cover the cost of the work required, I'll be needing to spread a limited amount of the cost over a 0% credit card and Intrest free credit.

I used the MSE credit checker yesterday when browsing different credit cards and discovered that a search could not be ran on myself due to details not matching, I'm assuming this will be purely down to my new address.
I have already updated my details with the local authority, utility providers, DVLA etc but when reading through posts on the issue last night people were suggesting that it could take up to 3 months before I can apply for credit.

Has anyone had experience of this before? A delay of up to 3 months would really stall our renovation progress so I'm keen to do anything I can to try and speed this up.

Thanks
Dan

Comments

• Hi Dan,

Have you tried the eligibility-checkers on the card issuers own sites? Maybe try an application with the same bank with whom you have a current account, as they will know your new address...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family