Company applied to be struck off the companies house register(voluntary liquidation), offices shut,

Options
I have purchase some CCTV equipment from a CCTV selling company in Watford who have sold completely different poor quality product. The company now applied to be struck off the companies house register(are going into voluntary liquidation). I have obtained a CCJ (County Court Judgement ) against them – but how do I get the money? – it looks like their offices are closed, their website is down permanently they are gone - I have objected to the Companies House to the company being struck which they are delaying now till December – probably no point asking the court to enforce the judgement as the bailiffs will not find anybody or anything on the premises – but I was thinking could anybody clarify if I could object to the company being struck off indefinitely/or what would need to happen for an administrator to be appointed so that if there is any funds recovered I will get some money back – presumably the company’s director would not want the company to be objected to being struck off for too long and then will try to pay? Any thoughts, information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Flyright
    Options
    It sounds like the company director has applied for voluntary strike off which is completely different than 'voluntary liquidation' which is a formal insolvency process. Companies House will not suspend a strike off objection indefinitely and you are likely to need to prove you are taking action against the company to maintain the strike off suspension.

The only way for you to force the issue further if the company fails to pay is to start insolvency proceedings via presenting a winding up petition against the company, but this will involve further costs that you are unlikely to get back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure