*The Holly and the Ivy* and the You Know What 2013 Chatter Thread.

1103910401041104210431045»

Comments

• BBTHREE
    BBTHREE Posts: 687 Forumite
    Hi all

Xmas Day was lovely. Kids loved their pressies, and the big kid (hubby) loves his PS4 and has barely been off it. I forgot Yorkshire puddings but no one minded.

Woke up quite early today and so did some Boxing Day sales shopping.

Bought quite a lot from 3 different Boots for various birthdays and towards next Xmas, and picked up a few non present items reserved from Argos.

Despite using the "Better Xmas" iPhone app I still managed to loose 3 Xmas presents (luckily just stocking fillers). To make sure I don't do this next year I have bought 2 large storage boxes covered in snowman print from Dunhelm in their sale.

These are meant for storing decorations but I am hoping I can take out the separator bit in the middle and then just have 2 tacky unsubtle boxes to hide gifts and not lose them.

Xx
    Aims for 2014
    Drink a glass of water a day, Empty handbag at least once a week, Continue "not putting things off" and tackle things head on, Treasure people around me, Stay healthy and well away from hospitals, Continue to declutter/decorate house slowly and not get stressed because I can't do everything at once. :D
  • Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas!

Just in time to wish Pigpen a Happy Birthday xxx

Had a lovely couple of days with DH,DD and mum,visiting DS and DDIL in N Yorks. It was their first time hosting Chrismas ( usually they come to us ), and they managed really well. We all had so much fun, and it was lovely to see mum so happy that we were all together for a few days.

Back home now, and DH,DD and I had chance to open our presents to each other - didn't have time before we set off on Christmas morning! I have been very spoiled, had some lovely gardening and crafty things, topped by a special present from DH - a trip to Paris in January, with tickets for Cirque de Soleil - I am beyond excited!

Well now, it is nearly tomorrow, so I'll say goodnight. Sleep well everyone xxx
  • Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop by and thank you all for your inspiration over the past year. As a result of your canny planning and ideas I think this Christmas has been the cheapest, packed with quality moments that you just can't simply buy off the shelves. I am sorry I haven't been here to share as much as I would like, and I seriously will try harder next year. :D Thank you so much and all the best for 2014!
  • fluffysox
    fluffysox Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    wuvvies wrote: »
    evening all
    were nearly there - the day weve been waiting for all year. my dd is here with me and shes sleeping over. im thrilled to have her here but also really sad as shes grey and dirty. ive stripped her clothes and theyre in the machine. she has a nice fresh bed to sleep in. shes had a small meal but she feels unwell with really sore throat and aches and pains. shes under a blanket now and just had some paracetamol. i dont know whats going on in her head...is she ill or just depressed.
    my little boy has had his christmas eve bag. really annoyed as the dressing gown was age 9/10 on the label but when he opened it it was age 5/6. dont have the recepit but will still be taking it back.
    weve been to our friends and it was wonderful. how she decorates her house at christmas is really lovely. we sat under the twinkling tree and the kids were all happy and playing and i felt happy for the first time in ages.
    hubby getting a sleep as hes been busy at work today. ive been doing cleaning and bits and bobs. i have no pressure tomorrow as he does everything. i will be greeting and doing drinks.
    a sincere thankyou to all who have followed my story. as i look at my dd i know there is more stress and trauma to come but things are slightly easier. i cannot wait for the new thread to start.
    happy christmas to all my friends xxx

So glad your DD is home for Christmas, nothing beats having your mum when you're feeling unwell.
    junior_j wrote: »
    Hello all

Such a good busy day, love it!

Been spoilt but seeing mum mum brother auntie and cousins face was brilliant also my 8 month old goddaughter took her first steps with me, not a fluke as after the initial first steps I done it again and her mum got it on film of her doing 4 steps unaided ! That's a priceless moment!

Wow how lovely! And only 8 months old- goodness me. My DS sat up unaided for the first time on his first Christmas, and he was 7 months then.

Well our Christmas started well, DS enjoyed getting food and drinks ready for Father Christmas and Rudolph. I mixed oats with some glitter to make magic reindeer food (we had no carrots) and he loved stirring it up, so it would be just right! Would you believe he spent 20 minutes stirring it :rotfl:
    He was in bed by 8pm and DH was recruited to get us drinks and put Christmas music on while I finished wrapping. (baby crying brb)
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939 :D
    Beautiful boys born May 2011 and October 2013 :)
  • katmum
    katmum Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Also wanted to say thank you for all your ideas and tips and such a lovely thread.

I really did mean to post more, as I was a lurker that delurked and know the rules but then I'm sorry I went into the shadows again. Been having a tough few months and I know many others have here but they kept posting so thanks for that strength of spirit as well. It has been lovely to read and silently cheer you on or send out virtual hugs to those who needed them on the tough days.

Due to having started for the first time ever buying gifts and getting ready early (inspired by your thread) it meant we have still had a good Christmas and have family around for the next few days which I am very much looking forward to.

Wishing you all the best for the New Year and hoping whatever life chucks at us all next year you get through it with the same spirit of this thread - love/support/friendship and knowing that there is always someone who will cheer you on if you ever need it, and keep you on track for trying to make each Christmas special.

I'm going to follow and hopefully post more on your new thread, thanks OMO for setting it up.

Well I didn't 'do' the sales but I did buy next year's wrapping paper already and a few small gifts for next Christmas. Heck!!! Get me, already buying next year's presents, I've truly got the Holly and Ivy bug and long may it continue. xxx
    20p savers club #38, aim £120, 50p savers club #30, aim £120
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • You have shared awesome information about Christmas like,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport