iSoftStone

Comments

• MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 July 2014 at 1:05PM
    OK.. Just randomly thought to check the "other" email account they told us to set up, only to find that they've suddenly started emailing me there instead. Apparently the guidelines have been updated, so I now need to read those instead, and then immediately start working on the practice set. LITERALLY just printed out all my notes from last week's guidelines about 10 minutes ago.. :angry:

Just thought this might be useful info for any lurkers who's exam got put back last week. Email was sent out very early this morning, so we haven't lost out on TOO much time yet.
  • stephs0801
    stephs0801 Posts: 16 Forumite
    MallRat wrote: »
    OK.. Just randomly thought to check the "other" email account they told us to set up, only to find that they've suddenly started emailing me there instead. Apparently the guidelines have been updated, so I now need to read those instead, and then immediately start working on the practice set. LITERALLY just printed out all my notes from last week's guidelines about 10 minutes ago.. :angry:

Just thought this might be useful info for any lurkers who's exam got put back last week. Email was sent out very early this morning, so we haven't lost out on TOO much time yet.

Thanks for posting. I was in the same situation as you and didn't even think about checking the new email address. Does anyone know when the deadline is to complete the test?
  • MallRat
    stephs0801 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting. I was in the same situation as you and didn't even think about checking the new email address.

No problem. :)
    stephs0801 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the deadline is to complete the test?

Mine doesn't say either. But as I'm planning to have it finished it by sometime tomorrow, I'm not really expecting to miss it, anyway.

Now.. A stupid question for anyone who's currently taking the test. You know how the answer box pops up, and you then have to press "submit" to get rid of it? Well, what is it you're supposed to do again when it somehow gets stuck, and keeps moving around the screen like crazy? I know you can press a certain key to release it, but can't remember which one. (Am presently on question 3, and can neither manage to click on the box, nor find a way to log out of the test.. :embarasse)
  • MallRat
    MallRat wrote: »
    Now.. A stupid question for anyone who's currently taking the test. You know how the answer box pops up, and you then have to press "submit" to get rid of it? Well, what is it you're supposed to do again when it somehow gets stuck, and keeps moving around the screen like crazy? I know you can press a certain key to release it, but can't remember which one. (Am presently on question 3, and can neither manage to click on the box, nor find a way to log out of the test.. :embarasse)

It's OK, I remembered. Right mouse button. About one minute after I emailed them asking for help.. :o Suppose I just panicked after finding myself stuck on the same page for about half an hour. Oops!
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    Got my training email this morning too. Since there isn't a whole lot of substance in the GL but mostly a lot of examples, I'm tentatively doing some practice questions already. Learn by doing hopefully. Not bad on the score so far, room for improvement though.
  • MallRat
    extraJam wrote: »
    Got my training email this morning too. Since there isn't a whole lot of substance in the GL but mostly a lot of examples, I'm tentatively doing some practice questions already. Learn by doing hopefully. Not bad on the score so far, room for improvement though.

I managed to complete around a third of the questions. Think they took me at least 2 hours. (Not including the half hour I spent stuck on a single screen at the beginning :angry:). So am expecting another 4 hours ahead of me tomorrow. Not sure if anyone else is keeping a record of how many they get right..? I decided not too, mainly because I thought it would just add extra stress. (Plus, you can't exactly do much to remedy the situation if you know you're getting too many wrong to pass..) The first session I did seemed to go fairly badly, anyway. Felt like I was only getting about 50% correct, so was kind of forced into stopping and taking a break. Second session then went a LOT better for some reason. Although a fair number of "incorrect" answers did start to creep in again towards the end.. :(

Anyway, I see we've now been emailed with some extra tips. So, hopefully those may help us to get a couple of additional questions right.

I wonder if you get given a second chance if you fail to achieve the 60%?
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    I would presume a second chance is given, as that seems common practice with the other companies. No guarantee though.

Going to stop for now and get some sleep, since my accuracy is probably on about 50/50 for the last few. So far I think there are some contradictions between the training examples and the guide examples but will see what a fresh start tomorrow brings.
  • MallRat
    extraJam wrote: »
    So far I think there are some contradictions between the training examples and the guide examples but will see what a fresh start tomorrow brings.

Yes, there's at least one example in the guidelines that clearly has the wrong rating still.
  • **Bex**
    **Bex** Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know if you can do the internet search evaluator and transcription jobs at the same time with iSoftStone? I am kind of tempted to apply for both, but I don't want to ruin my chances of getting either!
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Has the feedback box disappeared on the training for anyone else?

Was working fine earlier, but just did a few of the queries from the training exercise, and upon clicking submit didn't receive any feedback to say whether or not I was correct, making the exercise a bit pointless.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback