Significant changes to Turkish Airlines 2 leg flights. Rights?

Options
rosie383
rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
I'm asking on behalf of a friend. The family had booked flights with Turkish Airlines from London to Mombasa with a stopover in Istanbul.

They have received an email today informing them of flight changes. On the outbound flight, instead of a stop of a number of hours, they would now be in Istanbul for 2 days. If the airline don't change this, would they be entitled to the cost of a hotel stay?

The return leg now gives them 10 minutes from landing, til the connecting flight leaves, which is obviously impossible.

What are their rights? She needs as much info as possible before she calls them to reject the changes.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
(he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
:D:D:D

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a look on the Turkish Airlines website and look for suitable flight alternatives then contact and ask to be changed to those flights (the initial rebookings are often done by computer and it it possible it has not picked the most sensible route)
    If no suitable alternatives then they can ask for full refund
  • rosie383
    Options
    Thanks Caz. Will do.
    I did have a look at their FAQs re change to flight schedules but it didn't address any of these points.
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    It may be that the Turkey-Kenya flight was cancelled or retimed. When this happens the connecting flights can take a few days to be rebooked to something more sensible.

Can you see whether there are still flights to Mombasa on the same day as originally planned?
  • rosie383
    Options
    I told my friend to look at alternatives in case they offer to refund so it could well be that the original ones were cancelled.
    At least if she knows all options before she rings them she will be prepared.
  • ttoli
    ttoli Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Turkish Airlines emails cannot be relied on for accuracy at the moment, tell you friend to log on to the website and check her booking there
    https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr?returnoldversion

Alot of my clients bookings have been affected and the emails give conflicting info to the website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure