Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 27th Dec 18, 1:51 PM
    • 9,805Posts
    • 24,023Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    1% challenge 2019
    • 27th Dec 18, 1:51 PM
    1% challenge 2019 27th Dec 18 at 1:51 PM
    When faced with a debt that ends in several 000s, overpayments can feel like a drop in the ocean.

Maybe you've been OPing for a while and feel like there is little left to squeeze out of your budget. Maybe you've lost your mojo with OPing and need a new challenge. Perhaps you feel intimidated by how much others OP on the annual or MFi3 challenges, or are unable to commit to fixed monthly payments.

1% of your mortgage balance is a far less daunting sum to aim towards whilst still chipping away at your debt. It turns the mortgage marathon into more of a sprint and helps make the impossible feel more achievable.

To calculate 1%, simply divide your mortgage balance by 100 then post your target below. Don't forget to come back and share the little things you are doing to help you hit your target.

1% for us is 735. Let the challenge commence!
    know thyself

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
Page 5
    • 5erge
    • By 5erge 13th May 19, 10:19 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    5erge
    Jan 26.20
    Feb 46.33
    Mar 34.83
    Apr 30.30
    May 27.07

This month and next will be tight. So many unexpected bills to pay out
    • lassfarfromhome
    • By lassfarfromhome 14th May 19, 9:09 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    lassfarfromhome
    This is such a great idea! 1% for me is 500. Annoyingly I can only make overpayments if they are 500 or over. With my old offset mortgage which i wish i still had i could overpay 20p if i wanted. Anyway, I overpay from my salary about 500 per month but here I'm going to keep track of other little bits of money that turn up now and then and which will go into my marcus savings a/c until there is 500 to pay off.
    • Rachib
    • By Rachib 16th May 19, 5:59 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    Rachib
    Another couple of overpayments this last week ... totalling 162.10.
    So I'm now at 1,162.10 of my 1,530 target -so at 76% of 1% target

367.90 to go.
    MFW 1% Challenge 2019 - 1000/1,530
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

716Posts Today

5,272Users online

Martin's Twitter