Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 3rd Oct 18, 8:23 AM
    • 857Posts
    • 443Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    NatWest 125 switching bonus
    • 3rd Oct 18, 8:23 AM
    NatWest 125 switching bonus 3rd Oct 18 at 8:23 AM
    Just in case anyone is interested, NatWest has brought back their 125 switching bonus. It looks like it might be a while until it pays out (they state they'll pay by 8th Feb 2019!!!!!), but its open to new and existing customers who haven't had a switching bonus from NatWest/RBS before. T&Cs below:

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/current_accounts.html#SwitchNW

Doesn't look like there are any requirements for DDs, just make a pay in of 1500 (can be in multiple payments) and log into online banking before 7th Feb 2019.

Last edited by PRAISETHESUN; 04-10-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Page 5
    • aj23
    • By aj23 4th Feb 19, 9:48 AM
    • 1,112 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    aj23
    I assumed there's no email confirmation then to let you know?
    • daisy_jean
    • By daisy_jean 4th Feb 19, 11:32 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 375 Thanks
    daisy_jean
    I didn't get confirmation, just checked my bank on my break and it was in.

Wasn't in when I checked first thing this morning though.
    • SSUPER
    • By SSUPER 4th Feb 19, 11:48 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    SSUPER
    Mines was paid in today from Royal Bank. Yass! I am off to Spain with that money.
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 4th Feb 19, 12:39 PM
    • 3,477 Posts
    • 3,935 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    I've been paid mine too today.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
    • aj23
    • By aj23 4th Feb 19, 4:17 PM
    • 1,112 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    aj23
    Just got home and checked. Mines gone in. Time to do a switch to FD!
    • quirkydeptless
    • By quirkydeptless 4th Feb 19, 5:20 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    quirkydeptless

Thanks NatWest!

This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
    • swindiff
    • By swindiff 4th Feb 19, 6:16 PM
    • 510 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    swindiff
    Ours was paid in today. Date for payment was by 8th Feb when I initiated the switch.
    • SlovakianGuy
    • By SlovakianGuy 5th Feb 19, 12:46 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    SlovakianGuy
    I received mine yesterday afternoon
    • babe-ruth
    • By babe-ruth 5th Feb 19, 1:27 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    babe-ruth
    I always feel a slight tinge of guilt when I get the switching bonus, take the money and run although the feeling doesn't last long

Also what's the usual thing to do? I tend to take the bulk and leave the account open with just a 1 or so in.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 5th Feb 19, 1:33 PM
    • 6,889 Posts
    • 6,493 Thanks
    badger09
    I always feel a slight tinge of guilt when I get the switching bonus, take the money and run although the feeling doesn't last long

Also what's the usual thing to do? I tend to take the bulk and leave the account open with just a 1 or so in.
    Originally posted by babe-ruth
    I suspect 'the usual thing to do' is to use the, now probably redundant, account for the next switch incentive. Assuming you haven't exhausted them all
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 5th Feb 19, 1:41 PM
    • 857 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    Got mine yesterday - no notification or anything, just an extra 125 in my account that has now been squirrelled of somewhere where it can earn a bit of interest
    • babe-ruth
    • By babe-ruth 5th Feb 19, 9:39 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    babe-ruth
    I suspect 'the usual thing to do' is to use the, now probably redundant, account for the next switch incentive. Assuming you haven't exhausted them all
    Originally posted by badger09
    I thought I had exhausted them all till this Natwest one came along. I used my redundant Yorkshire bank to switch to it and other halfs too!!
    • quirkydeptless
    • By quirkydeptless 6th Feb 19, 7:14 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    quirkydeptless
    Originally posted by babe-ruth

The usual thing to do is take it all and leave the account open with just 0 in
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

549Posts Today

5,499Users online

Martin's Twitter