IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

How long to set aside a CCJ

Comments

• Hi There,

Very useful indeed. I am in the same situation. They have used an old address and parking incident happened two years after I had moved. The car in question was never registered there - bought at new address.
    Any guidance on preparing a strong statement? I have completed the form and working on the statement .
    Any help, greatly received.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2018 at 4:57PM
    Same advice in #30 above applies to your situation!
  • Would you mind sharing/ advising on your witness statement?
    I was served court papers to an old address, I didn’t inform the debtor of my new address as the debt was statute barred.
    They adjusted the debt by £1000 (interest) and issued court papers - 6 years and 3 months after I made my last payment/ contact.
    I’d really love some support/ help getting this dealt with properly and not making any rookie mistakes.
    Is there anyway I can request in court that I only repay the original debt and not the interest and fees that were unlawfully added on??
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If this is regarding a private parking charge you need to start your own thread and not hijack someone elses like this

If you are asking a general question on court procedure then this parking forum is the wrong place

Maybe try somewhere like legal beagle
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I think 'debt free wannabe' might be the right MSE forum?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Inevitable 'mission creep' given the morphing of this forum.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • rhigh1
    rhigh1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Good morning, I have received a cci I knew nothing about and the solicitor acting on my behalf has failed to respond to anything, I have spoken and raised a complaint with the ombudsman. I have see that some of you have done a witness statement ? before i post mine off, can someone kindly explain what that witness statement is please?

thanks [

QUOTE=Coupon-mad;72630060]All 4 cases on the forum today were won by the consumer defendants, coached here. Just to give you confidence!

:)[/QUOTE]
    birdmanT wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Firstly, thank you for all the brilliant information available on the forum about CCJ's and getting them set aside. I have a CCJ at my old address on my credit file. Today I submitted forms to the court to get the judgement set aside. In your experience, how long does it take the court to process this and make a decision?

Many thanks in advance
    Tom
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    You have hijacked someone else's (old) thread. Read the NEWBIE stickies and then, if you still have questions, start your own thread. NEWBIE page can be found here.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    rhigh1 wrote: »
    Good morning, I have received a cci I knew nothing about and the solicitor acting on my behalf has failed to respond to anything, I have spoken and raised a complaint with the ombudsman. I have see that some of you have done a witness statement ? before i post mine off, can someone kindly explain what that witness statement is please?

thanks [

QUOTE=Coupon-mad;72630060]All 4 cases on the forum today were won by the consumer defendants, coached here. Just to give you confidence!

:)
    [/QUOTE]

Post 30 in this thread tells you exactly what to do.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Is this related to a private parking charge?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure