Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    3/21 AFDs today
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Four sugar-free days. I'm amazed I've managed them, and am beginning to find that being so conscious of it coupled with being desperate to lose the spare tyre around my middle that I'm also managing to eat less overall. Plus which I've managed so far to stick to a matchbox-sized piece of cheese when I have it at all which is a big change.

7/31 please, Baileys.
    Better is good enough.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 July 2018 at 8:02AM
    Options
    I was really surprised this morning not to have a subscription email for this thread and I now understand why! The world cup coupled with Wimbledon appears to have upped the profits of every booze producer and seller in the country. I hope there aren't too many sore heads out there.

I ate an ice cream yesterday, so it wasn't a sugar-free day. Bad me. I've lost a kilo over ten days so I'm celebrating that achievement by not beating myself up about the ice cream. It was at an event, a real occasion, and if I hadn't had one it would have been a really pointless, churlish thing to do so I don't regret it a bit. Other than that, despite thinking I would eat a great deal, I didn't. Chuffed with myself, to be honest.

8/31 please, Baileys.
    Better is good enough.
  • wintersunshine
    Options
    Hope it's ok I post here. I really need to STOP drinking. So I'm setting myself a 365 day challenge.

This is day 1.

Wish me luck.

wintersunshine
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,310 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all, 7/21 for me today. I did go out drinking with a buddy last night (not connected to Wimbledon or the World Cup tho) and completely overdid it for the first time in ages. Curiously I haven't had a headache but in every other respect feel "rough as toast" as Barny once put it on here! I suppose it doesn't do me any harm to remember occasionally what it's like and why I don't generally do it. Anyway, now looking forward to normal service resuming. :) Ah, thank God for AFDs.

That's an impressively quick weight loss, Honey Bear - I'm trying to cut down on sugar and carby things myself, though haven't really organised myself to do it properly yet. Are you cutting out all sugars (eg fruit, honey) or just refined sugar, if you don't mind my asking?
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • cathybird
    Options
    hi wintersunshine!! Welcome :) :wave: You're in the right place! Best of luck with your goals. That's a pretty big challenge, is all I would say - I tend to set lowish targets because it leaves me feeling confident I can meet them, whereas if you set yourself a really challenging task it's much harder not to slip up. But only you know if it's something you have to do. Honey Bear is the woman to ask when it comes to giving up completely!
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope it's ok I post here. I really need to STOP drinking. So I'm setting myself a 365 day challenge.

This is day 1.

Wish me luck.

wintersunshine

Hi Wintershine you can do it !.
    I have been AF for 2457 days now (6 years 8months and 22 days).
    I have done it by concentrating my mind on doing the things I used to do when I was drinking but doing them without the booze.
    At the height of my drinking I was drinking 24-36 500ml cans of Belgian Stella Artois per weekend - I never drank during the week as I work.
    Now my weekends include playing my favourite PC games and listening to the football - and remembering it !.
    Please take my story as an inspiration that you can do it !.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in your challenge Wintersunshine!

Congratulations Fatrab!

I’m off the starting blocks with 1/15 for yesterday.
  • cathybird
    Options
    Morning all, 8/21 for me today thanks. :)
  • cathybird
    Options
    Hey it's quiet on here. I'm surprised to be honest - when it's this hot I don't feel like a drink at all. I just want to lie down while someone fans me with a big palm fan!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport