Dormant store card has credit

Options
t4ss
t4ss Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 10 February 2018 at 1:37PM in Reclaim bank & credit card charges
While trying to find out if I had PPI on an old store card I have found out it is actually in credit. Over £100. haven't used this card for over 10 years. they are offering me a refund. but is that all I get for 10 years in credit? Am I being greedy?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 February 2018 at 5:48PM
    Options
    t4ss wrote: »
    While trying to find out if I had PPI on an old store card I have found out it is actually in credit. Over £100. haven't used this card for over 10 years. they are offering me a refund. but is that all I get for 10 years in credit? Am I being greedy?

Why should they give you anything? Its not a savings account. The terms do not allow for interest.

Maybe you should give them something for them having to put up with your poor financial management? - that may sound harsh but not dissimilar to your request that they give you something.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • t4ss
    t4ss Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 12 February 2018 at 1:32AM
    Options
    Hey Dunstone,
    Thanks for the response. You are right about the terms and conditions. I feel well informed. The credit turned out to be a refund of charges I had complained about.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport