Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Adebtfreebee
    • By Adebtfreebee 9th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Adebtfreebee
    Post IVA PPI claim
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    Post IVA PPI claim 9th Feb 18 at 6:52 PM
    Hello,
    I had a northern rock together mortgage from 2005-2008 which I have just put a ppi claim in on.

I had an IVA 2013 but was discharged early in April 2016. There were no debts with northern rock or nram included in that process.

The initial letter states that I will not be entitled to any redress payments (if there is any) and they will be paid to my trustee.

Does that apply even though nr or nram were not one of my creditors?

Manny thanks in advance for your responses.
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 11th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    • 12,247 Posts
    • 9,281 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 11th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    The terms and conditions of your IVA are likely to have included a catch-all clause about payments of this sort.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 11th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    • 14,042 Posts
    • 13,302 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    Your timing seems to be the problem here, they will only know of your IVA by checking your credit files, if you`d waited till 6 years were up, they would not of known about it.

I realize the deadline is looming, but if the money is just going to go to your ex creditors, its a pointless exercise really.

There is still a lot of confusion over which IVA`s have to comply with this PPI ruling, and just exactly how far back, they can claim the redress off you.

As far as i am aware, it is only "all assets" arrangements that this applies to, now i had an IVA, but i cant tell you what this terminology actually covers, you would need to check your old paperwork very carefully.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 11th Feb 18, 4:21 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Mermaid89
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:21 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:21 PM
    Until 100p/ is paid or until the trust is broken any post close PPI will go to the IVA
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,613Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin