Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • talexuser
    • By talexuser 24th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    • 2,398Posts
    • 1,896Thanks
    talexuser
    Interactive Investor finally improves?
    • 24th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    Interactive Investor finally improves? 24th Jan 18 at 6:43 PM
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/isas/interactive-investor-customers-unable-trade-new-website/

Hmmmm.... anther 2000 post thread in the offing?
Page 1
    • LHW99
    • By LHW99 24th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    • 1,283 Posts
    • 1,179 Thanks
    LHW99
    • 24th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    • 24th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    To be fair to II (!) the article does mention that Barclays has also had problems after intoducing their "Smart Investor" service.
    • Flobberchops
    • By Flobberchops 25th Jan 18, 12:06 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 524 Thanks
    Flobberchops
    • 25th Jan 18, 12:06 AM
    • 25th Jan 18, 12:06 AM
    I was unable to log in to ii this afternoon. Not impressed.

[edit] I've decided to close my ii account. I'm such a small-time investor that the quarterly ISA fees are gobbling up my gains. I'll probably consider Halifax sharedealing when I can commit to a larger monthly investment. Is it simple enough to wrap up an ii account and withdraw all funds, uninvested cash etc?
    Last edited by Flobberchops; 25-01-2018 at 2:39 PM.
    I work for a UK bank, but any comments made on this forum are solely my personal opinion. Caveat Emptor!
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 25th Jan 18, 10:54 AM
    • 550 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 25th Jan 18, 10:54 AM
    • 25th Jan 18, 10:54 AM
    ii have still not completed my ISA transfer requested in October! They are not even responding to messages anymore. I've got most of the holdings out and withdrew the cash as that was just sitting there not being transferred but there is still one holding left. i am at the point where I think I might just sell it and be done with them.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 25th Jan 18, 11:55 AM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 7,688 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 25th Jan 18, 11:55 AM
    • 25th Jan 18, 11:55 AM
    I submitted 2 transfer requests on 18th Dec. The one from Aviva was done and dusted and the funds were in my account by 15/1. The one coming from Aegon has not progressed at all beyond ii telling me that the process has been started. As a result I am laying the blame at the current provider rather than ii until proved otherwise.
    Update - ii have updated me (unsolicited contact) to say that they are waiting on Aegon to progress.
    Last edited by MallyGirl; 25-01-2018 at 2:19 PM. Reason: update
    • TBC15
    • By TBC15 25th Jan 18, 2:18 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    TBC15
    • 25th Jan 18, 2:18 PM
    • 25th Jan 18, 2:18 PM
    Routine buying and selling going without incident for me, no problems logging on.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 25th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 25th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 25th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    Mine was a transfer out from ii not into.
    • Fed
    • By Fed 25th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Fed
    • 25th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    • 25th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    I had a call from my bank yesterday telling me I was overdrawn because a load of pending deposits to II. Turns out every time I tried to deposit into my trading account last week even though it kept coming up with error and my balance remained the same they were actually requesting the funds from my bank.

They've been pretty quick to respond to my secure messages though and the person I spoke to on the phone was pleasant. Have managed to deposit and trade in the past few days. Seems my old contract notes wont be migrated across unfortunately
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 25th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    • 25,372 Posts
    • 14,968 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 25th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    • 25th Jan 18, 7:22 PM
    Three funds which became invisible on II on 27th November have still not reregistered in iWeb.

There is still no sign of my end December dividends.

I wrote to II ten days ago and have received no response.
    • philng
    • By philng 26th Jan 18, 8:45 AM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    I have had to constantly phone them to get the last remaining dividends transferred to IWEB. If I hadn't you get the impression they would just sit there on a suspense account.

I raised a complaint before XMAS & was updated in early January to say there would be a delay in responding. No surprise there. Still awaiting further update to which I have now added delay in dividend transfers.

Still waiting for 1 final dividend transfer for wife account after which dividend record dates will all be at IWEB.

Commenced transfer 25th October absolute shocking service! So glad I have left such an incompetent company. We are now on day 93 after switch request & still not all completed.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 26th Jan 18, 4:20 PM
    • 25,372 Posts
    • 14,968 Thanks
    xylophone
    One more fund limped in today - still no dividends/answer to letter.
    • philng
    • By philng 29th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    • 605 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    philng
    All finally completed for myself & wife 26/1-all future dividends should go direct to IWEB.

Response to complaint now received whilst acknowledging some issues they have not upheld complaint. No point in taking any further as good riddance to III.
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 29th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    JohnRo

There is still no sign of my end December dividends.

I wrote to II ten days ago and have received no response.
    Originally posted by xylophone
    I did manage to get a secure message from II on the 22nd Jan in reply to a secure message I sent on 15th Jan.

They apologised for the long delays and stated four dividends totalling the amount shown had been credited in late December since the transfer. The message then went on to ask whether I would like that total to be transferred to my IG ISA or to my nominated bank account, no detail on what those dividends were individually or when they were credited, was provided.

This despite being informed previously by letter that the dividends would be combined and forwarded in the form of a cheque..

I replied that same day, 22nd Jan, stating my wishes and requesting an itemised statement of these dividends for my records since the transferred ISA transaction history has now completely vanished from the website's account portal, unlike the transferred GIA history.

There has been no reply or apparent action since 22nd from II.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 29th Jan 18, 4:15 PM
    • 25,372 Posts
    • 14,968 Thanks
    xylophone
    I am still without answer to letter or dividends or funds and can feel a formal complaint to FOS coming on.......
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 30th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 25,372 Posts
    • 14,968 Thanks
    xylophone
    If I hadn't you get the impression they would just sit there on a suspense account.
    I did ring II today - three end Dec divs and an end Jan div are still sitting on the account - the customer service assistant said he would refer this to the transfer team....

As for my two as yet to be transferred funds, according to iWeb the problem lies with FNZ, II's custodian...

Why on earth should anybody have to put up with this abysmal level of service?
    Last edited by xylophone; 30-01-2018 at 4:40 PM. Reason: typo
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 30th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    JohnRo
    I got another secure message from them today, informing me my instructions for the dividends will be processed. How long that takes them now, after waiting over a month to get to this stage, is anyone's guess.

The secure message reply also most helpfully pointed out they didn't need to provide a statement as it was on the website and I just need to click on the account transaction history.

It obviously escaped them that the title of the secure message was 'Transaction History' detailing the primary reason for making contact was because the transaction history in the ISA account records had completely vanished, unlike the GIA, after the transfer had taken place.

Have yet to see how long this sorry saga will drag on for, all I want is the dividends forwarded and some proper record of what they were and when they were credited to my account.

Not exactly rocket science but then this is II we're dealing with. I knew this was coming and so frustrated I dithered instead of bolting at the first opportunity, long before the incompentents took charge. Hindsight...

...as I write I've just checked now and received a second reply to the message stating the ISA account records are made unavailable to clients following transfer, can anyone confirm that's not the case?

I don't see why they should be, it wouldn't surprise me if that's just a brush off.

Anyway they're now forwarding the dividends and sending me a paper statement in the post 'free of charge', yippee.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
    • le loup
    • By le loup 30th Jan 18, 9:35 PM
    • 3,808 Posts
    • 3,758 Thanks
    le loup
    long before the incompentents took charge.
    ...as I write I've just checked now and received a second reply to the message stating the ISA account records are made unavailable to clients following transfer, can anyone confirm that's not the case?
    Originally posted by JohnRo
    The incompetents have always been in charge. I left them - because of their incompetence - three years ago. Immediately I left they stopped access to my account and, of course, failed to transfer my dividends ...... AND because I had no access, I couldn't see what was owing to me.

After loads of emails, telephone calls and complaints it was eventually sorted - after three months. So I thought.

A year later they sent some cash to my bank account without warning, explanation or anything else. After another series of calls I was informed it was a tax refund on an ISA bond fund.

Incompetent is not the word.

Oh, and this was long before their series of takeovers - that was just their normal service!!!!
    • SouthLondonUser
    • By SouthLondonUser 30th Jan 18, 9:59 PM
    • 492 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    SouthLondonUser
    I haven't been prevented from trading, but:
    • I have been either unable to login or kicked out from the website for no apparent reason on multiple occasions over the last 2 weeks
    • trying to send them a secure message logs me out
    • I received an email that my SIPP cash balance was negative and that I had to top it up; I called, and they said it was their mistake., but didn;t explain how it happened
    • I now have a cash balance of EUR 14 in my SIPP, even though I never applied for a EUR account, never funded it in euros, and never bought any EUR-denominated securities

I am seriously considering leaving them!

I used to be with AjBell https://www.youinvest.co.uk , and transferred to II mostly because II could send automatic reports to the compliance department of my previous employer.
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 30th Jan 18, 11:27 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 2,421 Thanks
    JohnRo
    The incompetents have always been in charge. I left them - because of their incompetence - three years ago.
    Originally posted by le loup
    Yes I did the same, that's why I moved to TD, to escape from them, or so I thought.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 31st Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 25,372 Posts
    • 14,968 Thanks
    xylophone
    Yes I did the same, that's why I moved to TD, to escape from them, or so I thought.
    I am wondering what I'll do if they engineer a takeover of iWeb..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

875Posts Today

6,863Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin