Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 377
    • Mermaid89
    • By Mermaid89 13th Feb 18, 5:33 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Mermaid89
    12/02 - Valuation
    13/02 - Mortgage offer! Just waiting for it to arrive the in post

    Looking to exchange on 09/03
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 13th Feb 18, 8:36 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Dolly123
    I received my official offer from bank yesterday

    Does anyone have a estimate on how long the surveyor will take to do the necessary?
    Originally posted by zoedmc
    We have some surveyors that do Valuation then its offered the next day!
    • Supersy
    • By Supersy 14th Feb 18, 12:21 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Supersy
    15/1 - DIP with HALIFAX
    16/1 - New build reserved
    17/1 - Went through a broker as case complicated, DIP with NATWEST, Noticed my ID was out of date, requested new passport and driving license.
    01/02 - Full application to NATWEST
    06/02 - Case accepted pending valuation
    09/02 - valuation carried out
    10/02 - valuation confirmed at purchase price and full mortgage offer issued

    Broker was instrumental in getting this mortgage, worth every penny.
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 14th Feb 18, 3:41 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    When did you submit a full application? Many people have a valuation booked a few days later. Mine took almost two weeks but this was because NW chose my application to go for a random audit check at head office. They apparently do this with 10% of cases. I would check with your MB or ring NW directly and see what the delay is. If its gone to head office apparently you cant do anything apart from sitting it out. Once itís back a valuation will be done x
    Originally posted by Fisa002

    Hello
    Received a call yesterday valuation booked in for Tuesday 20/02
    NW requested a copy of Jan payslip as the one i sent was not clear, i have sent them this again today. I have been told from my broker they are running behind by 3 days.

    Have you heard anything else yet Fisa002?
    • michbright
    • By michbright 14th Feb 18, 5:12 PM
    • 444 Posts
    • 1,933 Thanks
    michbright
    So... quick update.

    Today we were told mortgage has been agreed subject to valuation. Updated timeline below
    Tentatively posting...

    Timeline is a long one...

    10/17 Saw house we like, put offer in, accepted.
    10/17 Spoke to mortgage advisor and told to wait 6 months until DH has been in current employment 6 months (started in 07/17)
    10/17 Everyone in chain agreed to wait
    11/17 Pay off credit cards in preparation of mortgage application
    05/01/18 Apply for DIP
    08/01/18 Mortgage advisor goes on paternity leave so everything on hold again
    22/01/18 DIP approved
    26/01/18 Full application put in
    29/01/18 Mortgage co asks or more info
    14/02/19 Mortgage agreed subject to valuation
    Originally posted by michbright
    • ian310567
    • By ian310567 15th Feb 18, 10:17 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    ian310567
    HSBC Quick Turnaround
    Quite impressed with the speed of HSBC processing my mortgage, from online application to offer within a week!


    07/02 - online DIP, application and all required documents uploaded onto their portal (probably took me two hours in total, including a few calls to their helpline)
    08/02 - mortgage approval & valuation/homebuyer report booked and paid for
    13/02 - valuation undertaken and conversation with surveyor (just waiting on homebuyer report, but usual stuff on a 50 year old property)
    14/02 - full mortgage offer received


    Looking to exchange contracts in the next few days, with move in date scheduled for 28/02 - its a vacant property and I'm completing the sale/moving out of my house tomorrow, so there's no chain involved, plus less than 50% LTV, which obviously helps.


    I had to make a few more calls to their helpline to check status and see if anything else was required from me, but would recommend this route if a straightforward transaction.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 15th Feb 18, 10:56 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002
    Hello
    Received a call yesterday valuation booked in for Tuesday 20/02
    Have you heard anything else yet Fisa002?
    Originally posted by loobiej1
    My valuation and homebuyers survey takes place tomorrow. Itís taken ages to book. So fingers x that the valuation comes back fine. ( the prev offer on this house fell through because of the valuation so Iím hoping it will be ok with mine this time around) however itís nerve-wracking.

    Your valuation is just a few days away. Then hopefully weíll be getting offers pretty soon !!
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 15th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    My valuation and homebuyers survey takes place tomorrow. Itís taken ages to book. So fingers x that the valuation comes back fine. ( the prev offer on this house fell through because of the valuation so Iím hoping it will be ok with mine this time around) however itís nerve-wracking.

    Your valuation is just a few days away. Then hopefully weíll be getting offers pretty soon !!
    Originally posted by Fisa002
    fingers crossed for you tomorrow, i haven't seen a hard credit check on my file as yet just a soft? broker seems happy with how everything is processing at the moment.
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 15th Feb 18, 11:29 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002
    Honestly donít worry about those checks. They will do them. I check Xperia just a soft check. Checked Noddle and they have done a few. But had to wait for an updated Noddle report.
    As long as valuation booked your on your way !! X
    • impatient-ftb
    • By impatient-ftb 15th Feb 18, 12:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    impatient-ftb
    My timeline - NW
    FTB - new to forum but find reading other posts helps settle my nerves

    5/2/18 1st offer - rejected
    6/2/18 2nd offer - accepted
    11/2/18 DIP and full application made - Nationwide
    14/2/18 Valuation took place
    14/2/18 Valuation results received
    15/2/18 Case passed for full assessment

    Now for the nervous wait to see if we've been accepted. Does anyone have any experience with Nationwide how long it takes for them to look at your file.

    Super impatient and nervous! Although hasn't been long at all its all i can think about! Waiting on offer before I feel i can start start bugging solicitor.
    • Vman100
    • By Vman100 15th Feb 18, 1:08 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Vman100
    FTB - new to forum but find reading other posts helps settle my nerves

    5/2/18 1st offer - rejected
    6/2/18 2nd offer - accepted
    11/2/18 DIP and full application made - Nationwide
    14/2/18 Valuation took place
    14/2/18 Valuation results received
    15/2/18 Case passed for full assessment

    Now for the nervous wait to see if we've been accepted. Does anyone have any experience with Nationwide how long it takes for them to look at your file.

    Super impatient and nervous! Although hasn't been long at all its all i can think about! Waiting on offer before I feel i can start start bugging solicitor.
    Originally posted by impatient-ftb
    My application went in on 29th January and valuation on 1st Feb. Still waiting on a decision. Broker hasn't been asked for any further information. Apparently they just have not got to my application yet. They used the snow last week as an excuse for the delay.

    I hope yours moves along quicker than mine but i would suggest not to worry too much if it doesnt, although that is very easy to say and hard to do!
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 15th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002
    Have you tried to call them yourself? 2 weeks is a long time to wait post valuation especially when most people hear within 48 hours
    • kkffrrkk
    • By kkffrrkk 15th Feb 18, 3:47 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    kkffrrkk
    Hi I applied originally in October but house went off the market got as far as valuation.
    However House came back on market and did full application on the 29th January.
    Valuation got transfer so no need to redo this.
    Asked for more document on the 8th February sent same day.
    Still waiting now, seems so long winded.
    Using a broker who said she's contacted them and they are saying they've had a huge influx of applications all at same time so working their way down the que.
    Anybody applied similar time and had offer yet?
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 15th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    loobiej1
    Honestly donít worry about those checks. They will do them. I check Xperia just a soft check. Checked Noddle and they have done a few. But had to wait for an updated Noddle report.
    As long as valuation booked your on your way !! X
    Originally posted by Fisa002
    Thank you! i noticed impatient-ftb said, case passed for full assesment, does this apply to everyone x
    • kajstring24
    • By kajstring24 15th Feb 18, 5:40 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    kajstring24
    I havenít posted on these forums for so long!

    FTB and SO nervous!

    22/01: After no plans to buy a house, my partner and I spot a property we love and decide to have a look.
    23/01: First viewing.
    24/01: AiP accepted with Barclays.
    27/01: Second viewing with parents.
    03/02: First offer made - declined. Second offer made almost immediately.
    05/02: Second offer accepted.
    14/02: Mortgage application approved subject to valuation after passing credit checks.

    One day later and Iím already going out of my mind with worry that something will go wrong or Iíll be declined! Iíve been onto the Barclays website and it doesnít even say the application has been received yet! Eeeeek!
    • Vman100
    • By Vman100 15th Feb 18, 5:50 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Vman100
    Have you tried to call them yourself? 2 weeks is a long time to wait post valuation especially when most people hear within 48 hours
    Originally posted by Fisa002
    Yes I have contaced them. The valuation was done on th 1st Feb and the broker told me the price the surveyor valued it at which was purcahse price however this only made it Nationwide on Monday 12th apparently. I have been told it will be assessed by close of business tomorrow. We will see!
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 15th Feb 18, 6:19 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002
    Thank you! i noticed impatient-ftb said, case passed for full assesment, does this apply to everyone x
    Originally posted by loobiej1
    I guess so. They are final checks after valuation. Takes a couple of days.

    Yes I have contaced them. The valuation was done on th 1st Feb and the broker told me the price the surveyor valued it at which was purcahse price however this only made it Nationwide on Monday 12th apparently. I have been told it will be assessed by close of business tomorrow. We will see!
    Originally posted by Vman100
    Fingers x
    • Maka344
    • By Maka344 15th Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Maka344
    ong time reader, first time poster.

    We are selling our flat and buying a house.

    My husband and I have applied for a mortgage with Clydesdale via a broker. My husband is in full time perm employment and I am on a Fixed Term Contract paid via my companies payroll and receive benefits. My contract was a year from April 17 to 18 but extended in Jan to Oct 18.

    Our broker said he had conversations with a case manager and underwriter and they'd take our application thus, CB were chosen.

    23rd Jan Full Application
    25th Jan Valuation instructed
    29th Jan Valuation completed
    31st Jan Valuation accepted by CB and broker said they are willing to lend at the requested amount
    7th Feb Broker requested declaration and direct debit mandate to be signed and a copy of my employment contract (requested by CB)
    12th Feb husband hard credit search but nothing on my file
    14th Feb CB requested details of my employment history and my last two year p60's

    I am worried that my employment situation is going to have an impact, does anything have any experience with CB?

    CB will not speak to me directly and my broker is very slow at getting back to me. is it possible to find out who my case manager is at the Bank?
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 15th Feb 18, 7:06 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Fisa002

    I am worried that my employment situation is going to have an impact, does anything have any experience with CB?

    CB will not speak to me directly and my broker is very slow at getting back to me. is it possible to find out who my case manager is at the Bank?
    Originally posted by Maka344

    I wouldnít call CB unless your asking for an update. In doing so you could open up a minefield. Only send documents that they require. No news is usually good news. Work with your broker, and keep messaging them for updates is my advice.
    • michbright
    • By michbright 15th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    • 444 Posts
    • 1,933 Thanks
    michbright
    And yet another update... things seem to be moving a lot quicker now.

    While I was out today my husband got a phone call from a surveyor on behalf of the mortgage company, requesting access to the property to survey it. My husband said he couldn't give access as we're the buyers, to which the surveyor replied that he'd phoned us in error - meant to phone the seller. So hopefully that means the valuation has now been booked. Updated timeline below......

    10/17 Saw house we like, put offer in, accepted.
    10/17 Spoke to mortgage advisor and told to wait 6 months until DH has been in current employment 6 months (started in 07/17)
    10/17 Everyone in chain agreed to wait
    11/17 Pay off credit cards in preparation of mortgage application
    05/01/18 Apply for DIP
    08/01/18 Mortgage advisor goes on paternity leave so everything on hold again
    22/01/18 DIP approved
    26/01/18 Full application put in
    29/01/18 Mortgage co asks or more info
    14/02/18 Mortgage agreed subject to valuation
    15/03/18 Valuation booked?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,002Posts Today

7,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin