Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• warwickbears
    Options
    I transferred my electricity supply to Bulb in early June. To date, I am still waiting for Iresa to refund the money they owe me, and close the account their end.

I have made numerous calls to their 'customer service' - I begin to wonder if they only employ 3 agents, as I have only ever spoken to Sonia, Aidan or Vlad.

Trying to get a straight answer from them as to what will happen when has been nigh on impossible, and I quite frankly rue the day I ever started having dealings with this shocking firm.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I transferred my electricity supply to Bulb in early June. To date, I am still waiting for Iresa to refund the money they owe me, and close the account their end.

I have made numerous calls to their 'customer service' - I begin to wonder if they only employ 3 agents, as I have only ever spoken to Sonia, Aidan or Vlad.

Trying to get a straight answer from them as to what will happen when has been nigh on impossible, and I quite frankly rue the day I ever started having dealings with this shocking firm.

Sounds like cash flow control issues - I worked for a small firm some time ago, who employed 3 people to chase up debts .... but any credits could only be made by the managing director's authority -which was almost impossible to get:eek:
  • warwickbears
    Options
    It is worth noting that very few people bother reporting if things have gone OK with any utility supplier. Most of the comments on any supplier are about people having problems.

In general, I think this is fair comment. However, I think, in the case of energy suppliers, forums such as these and Trustpilot are most useful in sharing positive stories as well. I rather wish I had taken more notice before moving to Iresa...
  • itchyfeet123
    Options
    On the plus side, my electricity is on, and they're paying me interest on my accumulating credit balance since they can't manage to generate a bill...

I still have a dispute in progress about my opening read from when I switched in April. Iresa says they're waiting for a response from Green Star; Green Star says they haven't heard anything from Iresa except for the supposed closing/opening "reads" (numbers pulled out of thin air, despite me actually supplying reads).

I'm also trying to get someone out to fix my meter. Because it takes at least two weeks to get a reply to an email/message, it's impossible to set a day. They ask me to send my availability for a particular week, but they don't read/respond until after that week has passed.

It's a joke, really.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 August 2017 at 10:58PM
    Options
    I have a meter and supply number shown on my account :T It looks like I can also enter readings :T Only taken 6.75 months. None of the 6 e-mailed readings or opening reading showing though. I will input my reading at the end of the month and see if I get a bill.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 August 2017 at 5:41PM
    Options
    SnowMan wrote: »
    I received a determination from the Ombudsman in the past few weeks on these precise issues.

They agreed that IRESA had used a calorific value of 40.0 in their calculations (although IRESA had told me they hadn't) and that IRESA had failed to communicate properly.

However the Ombudsman said they weren't able to check whether the calorific value was 39.5 for the billing period I had given them a copy of the bill for, so they were just going to assume that IRESA were right to use 40.0, and I was wrong :(

The Ombudsman had enough info to realise that the calorific value was less than 40.0, they could have gone on the National Grid website and spotted that the daily calorific values were below 40.0 for every single day of the period.

Needless to say I have not accepted the determination :(

The Energy Ombudsman service have now issued a revised determination, and agree that the wrong calorific value was used :j. In their words
    Based on the further information provided, I am satisfied that Iresa originally used an incorrect calorific value to bill your gas supply
    The original decision by the Ombudsman to award a small goodwill payment (I didn't request this) to me stands. And IRESA have been asked to send a written apology to me.

IRESA have now replaced the incorrect bills with almost correct bills in my online account (the calorific value is still slightly wrong because of the rounding I believe).

Just need to get them to issue my final bills, and refund me my credit and goodwill payment, and the escape will be complete.

While I'm slightly surprised the Energy Ombudsman service didn't confirm the wrong calorific value initially, have to say overall I'm very impressed with how the Energy Ombudsman have handled this :T
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 August 2017 at 7:49PM
    Options
    I switched months ago.

Seemed all straight forward and was.

I now pay around the same as I did before, despite the previous company wanting about £20 more a month.

So far, no problems. I have been with Scottish Power and nPower - both famous for problems... but I had none. I only come across problems when I come to switch. The exiting company always take a long time to agree meter readings.

A shame they don't have a mobile app.
    Both SP and NP had one - was so much easier submitting readings.
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I**** have now submitted a Confirmation Statement - Statement of Capital, (Share Capital). The Director now holds a large amount of shares, 1000000, with a second shareholding amount of 30928 shares. A total of 1030928. Rather more than the 1 share previously held?
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • Bradders9126
    Options
    I've been with Iresa 9 months now due to them being the cheapest on MSE energy comparison website.

I've had no issues with them regarding supplying my energy however I've needed to contact them on two occasions.
    1) to change my direct debit amount
    2) to ask for a refund on account due to being in credit quite a lot

Main thing to note now is that you cannot contact them by phone. There is a number to ring however it never gets through to anyone regardless of what time you ring trust me (You get the standard high call volume message)

That leaves you with one option to submit an online request via the website. I know this will take over 28 days to resolve as per my last request for a very small matter.

Bottom line is this is a good tariff if you do not need to contact them! All meter readings etc.. you can do online and get email reminders
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Things seem to be settling into a routine with Iresa now.

They request meter readings and re-notify of the Direct Debit every month.
    They process electricity readings every month and raise a charge against the balance (as expected)
    They only process gas readings every other month. The CV value used is still obscured by the 'multiplier', but the billed amount is, by my own detailed calculation, correct. I won't know until the winter if this is because low summer usage reduces any error below 1p. What I do know is that by only raising charges against the credit balance every 2 months for gas, they have paid me more in additional credit interest than they have (again, by my own calculations) overcharged due to incorrect CV values earlier in the contract.

I think my DD is a little on the high side (£3-4/m), as I now project I'll be using less electricity (-15%) and more gas (+17%) than last year, but given other people's experience in getting it reviewed, and the interest paid, I don't think it's worth my time chasing that up.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure