Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 August 2017 at 4:09PM
    A bit late now to censor Trustpilot surely? However, if the tone of the reviews still left are the ones they don't object to, then I'd dearly love to read the ones taken down.
    Thanks for your update Hengus, I shall await any developments on Day 29...
    PS: I have also requested a DD reduction, as (with compo) my account will be around £150 in credit. Of course, they refused-the excuse being that, because I have had no leccy bill in 6m (due to them failing to set up the meter point), they could not, regrettably, calculate my account balance. You couldn't make it up!
    I resupplied the meter readings, did the billing calculation over 6m manually myself, and sent it to them. No response of course...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hengus wrote: »
    It's called irony. FWiW, I note that Iresa is desperately trying to get many of the posts on Trustpilot removed.
    Which ones - the good ones or the bad ones? - and how do you know that?
  • macman
    They're shown as 'under review' in the listings. The (very) bad ones.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    macman wrote: »
    They're shown as 'under review' in the listings. The (very) bad ones.
    Yes, somebody reported 18 reviews yesterday afternoon - the additional staff are being put to good use I see. Jokers. (shame Trustpilot don't offer a "reported" filter ;-)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Mistermeaner
    Mistermeaner Posts: 2,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    IRESA are appealing against the ombudsman ruling (that was in my favour)... they are still blocking me from moving to EDF

By way of recapt I terminated my IRESA contract on 11th, my account was in credit and I tried to move to EDF - IRESA have been blocking me ever since
    Left is never right but I always am.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I too had to complain to the Ombudsman as well. I had been trying for months to get my overpayments (approx. £400) returned and my Direct Payments halved.
    After the Ombudsman intervened it was quickly done. I have them on my case now to award a little bit of compo for all my wasted time and effort.
    I will be happy to get anything.
  • Pedro1877
    Pedro1877 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 21 August 2017 at 3:31PM
    Any more current info on Iresa? (Ah, sorry just realised that I wasn't on the last page - 57 lol). They consistently come up as cheapest on comparison sites and I am not at all worried about teething hassles having switched frequently and graduated to using the Ombudsman on one occasion when I managed to have free gas for 12 months!

Anyone have any positive or minimal hassle experiences?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Pedro1877 wrote: »
    Any more current info on Iresa? (Ah, sorry just realised that I wasn't on the last page - 57 lol). They consistently come up as cheapest on comparison sites and I am not at all worried about teething hassles having switched frequently and graduated to using the Ombudsman on one occasion when I managed to have free gas for 12 months!

min hassle here but ensure meter details are provided AND are correct. However. I'd be really surprised if they survive into 2018. Read the forum to find out why.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • macman
    Today I received an apology and a £50 credit to my gas account (it should have been to the electricity, but I can live with that). Like Hengus, this was on day 29 of the Ombudsman's 30 day deadline, so clearly Iresa like to live dangerously...
    However, I haven't actually got billed yet for my shiny new electricity account, as they now tell me that they can't do that until the readings (supplied and agreed with the EO 6 weeks ago) are validated-which may take up to 14 days more. And only then can they consider adjusting my DD downwards to reduce the account credit.
    So, as long as you have plenty of patience, it is possible to get your Iresa account sorted.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Pedro1877 wrote: »

It is worth noting that very few people bother reporting if things have gone OK with any utility supplier. Most of the comments on any supplier are about people having problems.

We switched to Iresa for Electric last year and have not had any problems. Contacted Iresa to adjust DD and it was done within a few days. Planning on staying with Iresa when current fixed tariff comes to an end. Asked them recently about that and got a reply within a few days. When doing a comparison, always says we are on the best deal, and even if we switch to their latest electric tariff, will still be cheaper than the competition.

Was happy enough with Iresa, so helped an elder relative switch their electric to them earlier this year and again have not had any problems.

We always provide meter readings on the last day of the month and have received accurate bills around the 10th of the month.

We don't use Iresa for gas, as Zog are a better deal for us. However, the main problems with Iresa seem to be with gas, and Iresa using a slightly different CV to what they are supposed to be using, resulting in a slight overcharge of less than £10/year for average use; but most other suppliers would cost more than £10 extra per year; so people are still on a good deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure