Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just me back again, sorry. But yet again, another new issue and another 'exclusive' one!

Talktalkmobile this time and tracking at £31.50 instead of the promoted £63.
    Please advise asap if this will be honoured. If not guaranteed, I'll cancel and wait for Quidco to run the offer. They tracked correctly at the higher rate last time.
    Problems raising a claim as clearly issues with the TCB site.
    This Claim Has Previously Been Submitted. Please check the details you have entered.
    Bit of a trend here with 'exclusive' rates?
    Hotelopia 'exclusive' tracked at (drum roll) 50% of promoted rate. Still waiting for that to be honoured.

And tonight, my British Gas has finally gone over the 'estimated' 8 weeks. No surprise there as I advised earlier and knew this was 'pie in the sky'. But, I'll give this one 4 more weeks before lodging a complaint direct to British Gas.
    The Estimated Payable Speed is based on the average time taken for previous transactions to become Payable. It can take longer in some cases, as we need to wait until the merchant passes the cashback onto us. We apologise if yours is taking longer than expected, but please be assured that as soon as we receive this, it will be reflected in your account.
    Even Quidco's 12 weeks estimate looks dodgy with this merchant! TCBs rate is clearly misleading! Intentional?

Anyone looking in and maybe thinking of joining and using TCB may think it's run like an 'used car dealer'! You can't really blame them can you? Out of control somewhat?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    I just reviewed my Top cash back account and saw that they have paid me £111 for a Talk Talk package I signed up for.

Only snag is after I signed up through TCB, I cancelled the contract before the 14 days, as they could not provide the speed promised in their invitation. No problems with Talk Talk, they agreed they should not have offered a high speed when there was no cable in the area.

I am back with BT. The £111 is payable not pending, so I can take it out. Will they want it back?

I have been stiffed enough times by cash back not being paid for some lame excuse or other, so what should I do?
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    just leave it talk talk will cancel it in due course.
  • Babbler
    Babbler Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I had the same with 3 once. They paid me before 14 day cooling off period and Id cancelled. Never had to pay back the money.

Some you win some you lose with cashback.
    Being bored is so boring Im bored of it... :rotfl:
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone,

@Kernel Sanders - We did decide to remove this from our site because as technology advances there were a couple of variables we couldn't test on the page. However, allowing cookies and clearing them just before you log in to TopCashback to make a purchase should help your transactions to track.

@B_M - I am sorry to hear your transaction hasn't tracked correctly. Sometimes it may take a day or two for these exclusive rates to correct themselves but lodging a claim will allow us to query this if it is not the case. In regards to British Gas I will definitely ask our Team to review the estimate for you and amend if necessary.

@N9eav - I would expect this to be declined later on down the line but if you wish for me to remove it for you please send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk.

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    The 'whoopsie daisy' glitch has been resolved and a claim now in.
    Again, as this is contract based, I'd like to know if TCB will be honouring their 'exclusive' rate.

Strangely, I've just received an email from TCB giving me 'Top Tips for Successful Cashback Tracking' as I've had to register a few claims recently.
    The claims are mostly regarding wrongly added cashback amounts (half promoted) and two for 'exclusive' deals where a code and cashback combination was promoted. Not the first time these 'exclusives' have gone wrong!
    How about some tips for making sure the correct amount is recorded?
    No issues with Quidco higher rates, so what is the TCB problem? Is there a glitch in the system?

An announcement on the Talktalk mobile issue would be welcome.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

@N9eav - I would expect this to be declined later on down the line but if you wish for me to remove it for you please send me an email to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL].

Best wishes,
    Matt

Yes, but it was already payable, so must have been accepted. Its now out and in my bank account.
    I have had several issues of things not being paid because of one lame excuse or another, that I find it surprising that the money was payable when the purchase was not completed.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    @B_M - . In regards to British Gas I will definitely ask our Team to review the estimate for you and amend if necessary.

'Amend if necessary?'
    Does that mean moving the goalposts after purchase?
    This will be chased up direct after 12 weeks, never mind 'amending if necessary'.
    Though TCB does have a 'fair play policy'. :D
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 January 2016 at 3:27PM
    Checking reviews for Simply Switch I see that you claim 99.92% satisfaction yet, when reviews are sorted by date (the honest way to list them), there is a plethora of 1 star negative reviews.

I also note that you have paid the relevant cashback to clients like myself who have had cashback confirmed for long periods. Perhaps you might like to treat me in the same way?

Does 'Fair Play is a very simple concept for us – because all it involves is putting ourselves in other people’s shoes and determining what we would expect in any given situation. So in fact, another way of stating our philosophy is: "Do as you would be done by".' mean anything, or is it just words?
    digital
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    digital wrote: »
    Does 'Fair Play is a very simple concept for us – because all it involves is putting ourselves in other people’s shoes and determining what we would expect in any given situation. So in fact, another way of stating our philosophy is: "Do as you would be done by".' mean anything, or is it just words?
    :D
    You know the answer to that by now. lol

I had another 'exclusive' track at half rate (seems the norm now) and I thought that at least the 'fair play policy' would take place. No it didn't, so I tried the 'cashback guarantee' as Quidco were offering 9% cashback against the 5.25% that tracked (should have been 10.5%). No joy there either! It was rejected because TCBs advertised rate was higher than Quidco's flat rate! Madness!
    The best I could get was to be told to lodge a missing cashback claim and they would try and get the rate advertised. Amazing or what?
    Try and get the advertised rate rather than implement their 'fair play policy'! The rate should have been adjusted immediately as it was wrong and is still wrong!
    If the 'fair play policy' didn't kick in then, it won't ever kick in.
    By the way, just for an extra laugh, TCB also have a 'mission statement'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback