Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Groan. Prolific's a dog today, isn't it? I had just got a £1.50 study to start after the fifth attempt when that Inquisit thing died on me and now I can't get PA to open at all; just get a 502 error. Pants! In mikese, "filth". Filthy pants... Ewww.

ETA: Yeah, a circle of noodles could be a thing... Don't really think it would go anywhere, do you?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    AprilLady wrote: »
    Aw, thanks Smodlet - I really do need the money right now, but when things seem to good to be true, they usually are! (I've cashed out, so let's see what happens!)

Haha, I think a noodle trail might be more fun in Italy!

Sorry for the Circle/noodle diversion.

As you were!

Sorry to rain on the parade. The money doesn't belong to you. They have you confused with someone else, they will want it back. It's just how long it takes for someone to figure out what happened.
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    thisone wrote: »
    Sorry to rain on the parade. The money doesn't belong to you. They have you confused with someone else, they will want it back. It's just how long it takes for someone to figure out what happened.

And I have no problem in giving it back should they ask. Each one was a different referral with a different name, all within minutes of each other most of the time, so no idea what's going on. I was completely upfront and honest about what happened, and sent a screenshot of an email, and they've just ignored what I told them. The money wasn't sent from individuals, it came from Circle.
    I'm not someone who wants to con anyone out of anything, and as I said, it's not like I didn't own up to it.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    thisone wrote: »

How can you possibly know that? They could be genuine referrals. One Italian-sounding person could have come across April Lady's referral code and Fakelooked it to all their "friends". Not beyond the realms of possibility, imo.

AL, if you want a phone number for them, I have one.
  • Hopefully it's not a mistake AprilLady, sod the noodles there's a few steak dinners there :)
  • thisone
    Smodlet wrote: »
    How can you possibly know that? They could be genuine referrals. One Italian-sounding person could have come across April Lady's referral code and Fakelooked it to all their "friends". Not beyond the realms of possibility, imo.

AL, if you want a phone number for them, I have one.
    Can I be 100% certain? No. 95%, I believe so. £5 is worth at least as much in Italy as it is here and people don't just give it up for no reason. The language barrier makes it even more likely they have not understood what they have done. Maybe an Italian MikeP thought it would be an amusing joke to pass the link along. Maybe a scammer has used it in order to legitimise their own claim. A lot of maybe's and very few of them say 'Hey, we'd like you to have our money and we'll get nothing in return'
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    As I said, the money hasn't come from the individuals.

Can we just drop this now? I'm sorry I brought it up, and will deal with it myself.
    Thanks to all for your input, I'm going back to studying and stepping away for now.

Please return to talking about Prolific!
  • thisone
    AprilLady wrote: »
    As I said, the money hasn't come from the individuals.

Can we just drop this now? I'm sorry I brought it up, and will deal with it myself.
    Thanks to all for your input, I'm going back to studying and stepping away for now.

Please return to talking about Prolific!
    You've said you are short of cash, I'm just trying to stop you spending money that you might be asked to replace.

Smodlets phone number sounds a really good idea.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I havent been on in a couple of hours, and I am seeing mention of steaks and noodles. I must backtrack further to locate the source...
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    MissPop wrote: »
    :rotfl: Mike, you need to get your noodles from Aldi, they're only 22p! (I literally thought of you earlier when I saw noodles on the shelf in Aldi :rotfl: )

To be honest, I get all my survey sites (Swagbucks, Prolific, Qmee) paid to PayPal so I know how much I've earned and can transfer to my bank account all together at the end of each month. Could get a few more quid using vouchers/different payment methods but for example, in June I transferred nearly £100 which was pretty damn useful :D

But the issue with going to Aldi is getting rid of the fleas afterwards......though there is a nice Lidl near my parents in Pontardawe - the ones in MK are grimmer then grim town in grim county in grim land.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure