Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 June 2018 at 9:44AM
    Options
    I can't make heads or tails of the times you mention. According to Flighradar your flight landed at 4:24pm local time (so 2:24pm UK time), not 5:49pm.

Edit: Although that is still late enough that your flight qualifies for compensation assuming no extraordinary circumstances.
  • PomBear
    PomBear Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    I can’t make head or tail of the times either, are we talking about the same flight?

MT/TCX 1124 30.5.18
    According to FR24:
    Took off from MAN at 10.03 BST (9.03 UTC)
    Landed HER 15.49 EEST (13.49 BST / 12.49 UTC - quoted by Tyzap)
    The flight took 3 hours and 46 minutes.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dogsb0dy wrote: »
    Morning everyone. Thank you all for your input which is very much appreciated. Pombear is right and the flight did arrive at Heraklion at 3.49 pm our time, 5.49 pm Greek time.

Our scheduled flight times were 7:00 am departure arriving at 1:10 pm so as we didn't arrive till 5:49 we missed our transfer to the hotel.

Many thanks once again.

Hi Dogsb0dy,

I hope you take this the right way but you are making a real dogsbody of the times you quote!

You said...
    We started down the runway and had taken off at 10:04.

Now you say...
    flight did arrive at Heraklion at 3.49 pm our time

That means a flight time of 5hours 45minutes!! if our time is UK time.

The times we need are your scheduled times from your itinerary and the actual time you arrived, in either local or UK time. Then we can work it out correctly;)
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • PomBear
    Options
    Dogsb0dy - were you delayed in the tarmac once you got to HER? You might want to use an on line checker such as Bott+Co to see what they think.
  • PomBear
    Options
    Sorry x-posted with Tyzap
  • jpsartre
    Options
    PomBear wrote: »
    I can’t make head or tail of the times either, are we talking about the same flight?

MT/TCX 1124 30.5.18
    According to FR24:
    Took off from MAN at 10.03 BST (9.03 UTC)
    Landed HER 15.49 EEST (13.49 BST / 12.49 UTC - quoted by Tyzap)
    The flight took 3 hours and 46 minutes.

Yes, that's the one although it seems Flightaware and Flightradar have different data. Given the flight times, I'm inclined to trust Flightradar. Flightaware gives a total flying time of 4h20m which sounds long.
  • jpsartre
    Options
    PomBear wrote: »
    Dogsb0dy - were you delayed in the tarmac once you got to HER? You might want to use an on line checker such as Bott+Co to see what they think.

Bott says there's a claim, however I suspect this is only as reliable as the data they are relying on.
  • PomBear
    Options
    I just checked Bottonline, and they reckon it is claimable. The plot thickens!
  • PomBear
    Options
    Apologies again - another x-post from me.
  • boxrick
    boxrick Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My flight departure was delayed by around 5 hours for my holiday to the US with Thomas Cook. We landed and the doors opened at approximately 00:55 which is just over 3 hours after the scheduled arrival, I do not have picture proof of this.

I emailed to claim compensation expecting it to be fairly easy and just had this response:

'Thanks for getting in touch with us about your flight.

I'm sorry you were delayed. I know how frustrating it can be. We work hard to make sure delays and the disruption they cause are kept to a minimum.

We've investigated the reason for your delay and can confirm that your flight was delayed on arrival for less than three hours which means that under EU Regulation 261/2004 compensation wouldn't be paid.

This is based on your Scheduled Time of Arrival of 21:50 (UTC) and Actual Time of Arrival at 00:46 (UTC).

I'm really sorry your flight was delayed. We're looking forward to welcoming you back on board again soon.'

So they are effectively saying they arrived 4 minutes before, but this doesn't include the time it has taken to get the doors open. Is there any way to fight this, I have responded saying the doors were not open till after 3 hour mark. But I could do with some advice how to proceed.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport