Argos - No customer feed back to complaints

bushmins
bushmins Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 27 August 2018 at 5:05PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Hi. I am looking for some advice. I bought a ds3 game via fast track from Argos. Decided the game was not wanted so I tried to return it as 'not wanted' (within 20 days of purchase).

I was told I could not return it because it was not sealed. No one at my home pulled any wrap off it (other than the birthday wrapping paper I put on!) I went through the birthday rubbish bag to make sure there was no plastic game seal, there was not. I checked with everyone and no one had taken any wrap off it. The game sat untouched as soon as the birthday paper was removed. The game was sold to me with no seal on it.

After getting sent away from my local Agros I spent an hour!! on the webchat, continually repeating myself waiting up to 20 minutes for replies, only to get told that they could do nothing. Not a lot was said on the chat it just took so long for the person to reply.

What is really bothering me is that when speaking to the online chat I was told there is no procedure for customer complaints feed back. I put in a complaint but got told there would be no feed back and the only option for me was to try to return the game at another store.

Is there really no where I can make a complaint that someone will reply? I feed very angry that I have been miss sold something, it was probably a used game sold as new.

Comments

• That's where I found the live chat, no email address to complaints. Doesn't really help, but thanks.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    SCRIBBLE SCRIBBLE...WRITE TO US.
    Argos Direct
    Acton Gate
    Stafford
    ST18 9AR
  • Saw that as well, got a letter typed up ready to print. Was hoping for something a little less... antiquated. I guess if I head the address 'Complaints' it'll get through to someone that wont bin it or is it more likely to get binned if its headed complaints? Thing is with a letter is it likely to get to the right person or will I be wasting my time? If they do not have a customer feed back policy there is nothing to say sending a letter will have any different result that what I have already been told.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    There is only one way to find out
  • bushmins
    edited 27 August 2018 at 8:18PM
    Yes. Spend more time and money trying to right other people wrongs. Maybe I'll just fall down.

OK. I'm done venting now. Which forum would be best to post in to discuss things?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bushmins wrote: »

OK. I'm done venting now. Which forum would be best to post in to discuss things?

Discuss what exactly ?

The weather ?

Brexit ?
  • bushmins
    edited 28 August 2018 at 7:18AM
    Hi. I was thinking more along the lines of people who might have had a similar experience as I have had with Argos (The subject of this thread), and what actions they took, what the outcome was.
  • reason2
    reason2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    I emailed a complaint to argos once and it was resolved with a £100 voucher.. think they did pretty well considering
  • Was that along time ago? I have been unable to find a complaints email address, do you by any chance still have the address?
    I have been told by several advisers that there was no feed back for complaints, maybe things have gone down hill quite badly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure