PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    In - nothing
    Out - last of a bag of mixed veg to make soup at lunchtime; ox cheek and bag of casserole mix to make casserole in SC
  • joedenise
    Today's dinner will be from freezer and stores. Chilli being made with a bolognaise base I made last week and froze. Just need to add some chilli, again from freezer and some kidney beans, from cupboard. Will serve with brown rice again from stores.

Denise
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Got the slow cooker out again yesterday and made a 8 more pulled chicken burritosm so added these to the freezer.

I'll also be makin some orange chicken with rice and veg to add to the freezer as well.
  • Small lump of chicken curry out for tonight, 2 slices of spicy beef (thin), one eaten yesterday, the other will do for lunch on sandwich today. Half loaf out and some hm rolls in, mince and veg removed, cooked up and the left over was turned into chilli so some of that will go into freezer tomorrow, the remainder will be dinner tomorrow, half tin toms and half tin red beans and used some lentils in it so thats why there is a lot. Beans and toms will go in freezer too.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    IN:0
    OUT: 2 Faggots, 2 trout, 4 mini burgers
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • joedenise
    Tonight's dinner was an aubergine & chickpea curry from the Jack Monroe site. The aubergine needed using up and I had dried chickpeas in the cupboard so soaked them overnight Monday and cooked Tuesday morning. Also made the curry yesterday as needed something quick for dinner as I was at the hospital all day. Nothing serious just fluids but takes over half the day to go in.

Denise
  • Out portion of sausage shepherds pie, will take out asparagus to have with it and will see if I can make cold soup with the rest of it to go in fridge for lunches.
  • joedenise
    Have got a leek & potato bake out from the freezer for dinner tonight. Just need to fry off some bacon and then stir through it, top with grated cheese and then bake for 20 minutes.

Not sure whether I'll be eating much of it with this hot weather. Will see how I feel later.

Have also got some mince out ready to make some meatballs for tomorrow night's dinner.

Denise
  • joedenise
    Using up more stuff from the freezer today:

prawns to have with salad for lunch
    HM meatballs & tomato sauce for dinner tonight.

Outside freezer is gradually being emptied which is the general idea as would like to get everything left into the inside freezer so I can defrost and turn off the outside one before we go on holiday.

Denise
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 July 2019 at 7:00AM
    Used a couple of portions of frozen fruit - served with greek yogurt and some hm jam. The rest of the meal was 2 sea bass (on offer) and garden veg - grilled courgette slices, dwarf beans, runner beans and carrots.
    Another large box of chopped up courgettes is now in the freezer - will need transferring to a bag but I am running out of space!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure