late notice of INR

Question probably aimed more at business sellers - but how do you deal with a late INR question?

I've got one, went overseas untracked around 86 days ago- just had a message asking for tracking as they don't have it. I'm asking on here as I'm having a bit of a struggle with ebay at the moment and that probably clouds my thinking - I use all tracked mail within the UK and am suffering from losses which just seem to disappear, and no one at Royal Mail will help to work out where these items are going once the bags are dropped off at the mail centre. I've also had a few INRs from the USA and last week switched my last few International listings to GSP for that reason.

As it's over 30 days if I just refund I lose all my FVFs, I've already refunded for 1 late one this week, UK sent RM48 and lost in system, and that cost me FVFs on a £12 item as it was over 30 days. This traditionally is my slowest time of year so these refunds really do register .

I know it is stressing me as I shouted at CS yesterday as well after trying to sort out a SNAD claim that was automatically accepted but where the material was stated as (for instance) metal and the buyer complained she thought she was getting a wooden item and it was actually metal- apparently that isn't a change of mind as buyer opened a SNAD and cannot be wrong! I wastold that even though buyer misread the listing and is wrong it is good customer practice to just refund and not expect them to send the item back....so I got angry, which I rarely ever do.

I assume that all I can do is just refund my overseas buyer. lose my FVFs and everything, but it just seems harsh after nearly 3 months.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Seems to be stuff coming here also. Never claimed so many INR's.

Few months back ebay removed a load of Chinese sellers, a few have come back most have gone for good (under that name anyway) but not receiving stuff from other Chinese sellers also.

Hope you asked the customer service for all your fees back and a goodwill payment because thats good customer service. They should lead by example should they not???
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Whenever I have had this, eBay c/s will refund FVFs but insist on the payment being refunded first.. it usually involves a phone call though . . .
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,180 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Whenever I have had this, eBay c/s will refund FVFs but insist on the payment being refunded first.. it usually involves a phone call though . . .

They used to do that for me as well, the one I refunded in the week they categorically refused to refund.

I've also got another snag, I'm out of time to refund via PayPal, after 60 days you can't refund the original payment, all you can do is send a brand new payment, which leaves the PayPal fees payable on the original payment , plus a possible INR claim against that payment.

As it stands I lose the item and/or the payment, the outgoing US postage, the PayPal fees and the eBay FVFs and I risk a PayPal INR for another 90+ days.

Nearly 3 months to claim INR, I think it's taking the mickey a bit. I'm going to phone eBay and see what they say.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I was wondering how long INR claims last for.

Someone bought 2 items from me in the middle of May, and last week put in a INR claim against me.
    I always send my items signed for, and when I looked, it was signed for 2 days after I sent the items, and it told me the name of the person & the time of delivery.
    I've sent the tracking no. to Ebay, but I'm waiting for 'the other member's responses'.
    I thought that waiting for nearly 8 weeks to report it was taking the wee-wee, but I also thought that sending the no, name & time might have made it pretty cut and dry (although it is Ebay we are talking about) that everything arrived. I can't help but be suspicious about the whole thing.
    I just want Ebay to close it. It's kind of a cloud hanging over me atm.
    Thanks for reading. Sorry for muscling in on your thread Soolin. Hope you get things sorted :)
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • soolin
    dontone wrote: »
    Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I was wondering how long INR claims last for.

Someone bought 2 items from me in the middle of May, and last week put in a INR claim against me.
    I always send my items signed for, and when I looked, it was signed for 2 days after I sent the items, and it told me the name of the person & the time of delivery.
    I've sent the tracking no. to Ebay, but I'm waiting for 'the other member's responses'.
    I thought that waiting for nearly 8 weeks to report it was taking the wee-wee, but I also thought that sending the no, name & time might have made it pretty cut and dry (although it is Ebay we are talking about) that everything arrived. I can't help but be suspicious about the whole thing.
    I just want Ebay to close it. It's kind of a cloud hanging over me atm.
    Thanks for reading. Sorry for muscling in on your thread Soolin. Hope you get things sorted :)

Yours should be an easy win- phone ebay, explain tracking shows delivered and stay on the phone until they close the case in your favour.

Ebay t and cs state that buyers must report an INR within 30 days of the last estimated delivery date otherwise they cannot invoke buyer protection. However, the system no longer blocks these claims (they used to) , now a claim can be opened right up to 90 days or so. With my last one, I spoke to ebay about it today again and they told me categorically that as it was well outside the 30 days allowed a case should have given me the opportunity to close it without responding. I explained it did not , my only choices were to refund in full or supply tracking - and CS rep apologised and refunded my FVFs (which they refused to do last week) . With my currently one the rep also said she believes the buyer will be able to open an INR, but if she does so then I should phone ebay and say I wish to have the case closed as buyer is outside of the buyer guarantee period. Personally I can't see that working, a case is a case and ebay will just tell me that it is good business practice to refund regardless, but I'll see what happens over the next few days.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Soolin.

I just found it a bit fishy. Common sense tells you that if you haven't received something within a week/10 days, then at least try and chase it up.
    I've had no messages from the buyer at all about not receiving anything, so I think they are trying it on. But, I've not heard a thing since I responded with all the details either.
    I'll get in touch with Ebay and see what they say.
    Thanks again (sorry for posting on your thread too)
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • soolin
    dontone wrote: »
    Thanks Soolin.

I just found it a bit fishy. Common sense tells you that if you haven't received something within a week/10 days, then at least try and chase it up.
    I've had no messages from the buyer at all about not receiving anything, so I think they are trying it on. But, I've not heard a thing since I responded with all the details either.
    I'll get in touch with Ebay and see what they say.
    Thanks again (sorry for posting on your thread too)

No problem, it is always worth talking to ebay by phone though- if you can't get a sensible CS rep on the first go phone back again later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure