• ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 20 July 2019 at 3:52PM
    Goodmorning all
    Checked bank accounts - done
    Walked dog(s) - done twice, this afternoon long walk w ds
    Used left over fruit in porridge - done
    Think it's pizza night tonight - will make dough before early short theatre play
    Driving lesson - hopefully last one - done
    Vacuum house - done
    Prepare to decorate dining room - postponed
    Take ds to see local theatre show tonight will walk there
    Un pick jeans and dress - which will become beautiful and interesting skirt postponed
    And oh just found out I'm due a refund from dual fuel Np*wer
    Have a lovely weekend
    X
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • Morning - day 4 of chickenpox. Me and madam are in the throws of either being incredibly close and loving or she gets really grumpy and uncomfortable and snappy to me! Probably another 3 days of this!

Feeling really sad as heard an old friend has died. Wanting to be close to the people who knew me when I was younger :(

Today we have a friend's child coming for a sleepover. She is a duracell battery so will have to have a chat about bed time early on!

Will make pizza for tea and let them have a baking session to while away the hours. Thinking might suggest a fancy dress, and throw them a mini party :D

As well as that:

* take pup for walk
    * maybe go to the allotment. I really need to but have little desire at the moment...
    * all meals from stores
    * nsd - really need to reign my spending in :o
    * load of washing & line dry. Really grey and muggy here
    * do some sewing
    * madam watching toy story at the moment - she's really into the series!
    * friend has asked me to do a sewing repair for her. Be good to get it done today and give it back with her child tomorrow...
    * do some gardening
    * do some sewing
    * might go for a run, might not... Really should have more commitment!

That's all! Have a lovely day guys
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Morning All

Shocking nights sleep (none at all actually). DS is off to Day 2 of music festival so will be a late night waiting for him to come home so may have to nap later on sofa. Today's plans:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    RM Survey - Done
    Hairdresser @ home -
    Filing & shredding -
    Swagbucks -
    Enter a few comps -
    Purge a few emails -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Bob, PMP, WinaDinner -
    Read Book

Have a great day!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 July 2019 at 4:22PM
    Hi All, here's my list for today:
    Dog walk followed by run/walk altogether 12000 steps, so feeling a bit weak
    Meal plan for next week
    Make mini pizzas for ds lunches done :mad: I am not easily !!!!ed off at animals - but visiting dog ate 4 lunch size home made pizzas off stove while I went grocery shopping. I am now not his friend. :(
    Quick top up shop
    FB + prep walls for painting (will try to decorate walls in the morning this week, that will give me a great excuse to Chill in the shade in the afternoon
    Talk to friends on free app.
    X
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Shifted a few more bits on Facebook and got a £1 final value fees offer on eBay so got listing there. Few more things I must list today/ tomorrow tho.

Also offered some things to old friends. Can't say the house seems any emptier yet :D

Popping back into the loft to see what other treasures it can release. I want the space almost as much as I want the pounds.
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,105 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi Sunday Savers,
    Just having a bit of a sit-down after lunch, then I might take my book out into the garden to enjoy some down time. Frugal bits of today's list:
    *Picked more home grown tomatoes.
    *Water veg garden.
    *Sorted plant labels & have soaked the used ones to get them clean for next planting season.
    *Free fitness walking up & down garden goodness how many times doing jobs - one of the benefits of having a long garden. Mr f has made great progress on his project to extend our garden by a metre or two.....lots of jungly bits succumbed to his saw & can now get behind the shed easily for maintenance.
    *Update DFW diary - will do shortly, though anyone wanting to spend a nice sunny day reading about my beansprout experiment probably needs to have a word with themselves.....
    *Load washer for overnight laundry on the cheaper tariff.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Planted out various cuttings & things I'd potted up - I love free plants.
    *Knit more sock later - I should really have finished them by now.
    *Two baths from one lot of hot water.
    *Pamper myself with some of the lovely products I recently won in a raffle. I only bought a single £1 ticket & won a gift box with about 7 products in it, which has topped up my stash nicely.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Afternoon every one

hugs to all with bugs etc lol

been a little under the weather vert sore and a banging sore head a good rest and a few early nights and i seem to have shifted it xx

managed a few nsd so well happy pay day thursday so need to start checking bank budgets and bills

today
    check banking
    short shift at work
    meals from stores
    clean bathrooms (yuck)
    do weekly menu
    washing on sadly tumble dryer as weather is pants

happy sunday xxxxlppxxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • TO DO
    - Put all washing away
    - Clean living room
    - Clean Kitchen
    - Clean fridge
    - Tidy bathroom
    - Sweep & mop bathroom
    - Sweep & mop kitchen
    - Upload receipt to recepithog
    - Try to do 3 SB surveys or watch videos
    - Get bags ready for work tomorrow
    - Do shopping

DONE ALREADY
    - Cleaned & scrubbed plastic car mats
    - Put 2 giant bags of washing away
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 July 2019 at 6:14PM
    Evening all :)
    I have been a bit lazy over the last few days, and now have a messy house and garden to contend with and really hot weather forecast for the next few days :o
    Really tired today as we went out last night, to an old friend's 93rd birthday party. We were home by 11, but I am absolutely shattered - and I am not the 93 year old :eek:
    Anyway, a few small things:
    Bought a floaty skirt and top from the boot sale this morning for £1. Thought it might do for around home for the next few, hot, days, but when I took it out of my bag to wash it, it is probably a bit posh for that! Also bought a HG cucumber for 40p. Very low spend day :rotfl:
    Walked dog this morning - not much exercise value as he was exceedingly slow, busy looking for dropped chips on the pavement - there was an event at the park last night and the Sunday morning pickings (the ones he saw before I did) were richer than usual.
    Made a big pot of rhubarb compote, currently in fridge. Must do something more permanent with it.
    DD brought kids round, so fed everyone lunch while the kids added to the confusion in the house, by tearing up paper and leaving toys, sticky marks and crumbs everywhere :eek: At least the dog dealt with the crumbs!

Roasted a gammon hock and did a tray of roasted veg in the oven at the same time :)
    Made a jam sponge pudding (a quick one, in the microwave) and earned OH's and my brother's undying gratitude :rotfl:
    Gammon hock bone, with some stock veg and herbs currently in SC to make a stock / soup base.
    (Another) huge pile of washing up :(

Now need to water seedlings, and get an early night!
    Hoping to get up in the morning refreshed and ready to tackle my disastrous house, as well as sorting stock for my sales unit and taking it down there!

PS, welcome lifeatthe kings, hope you stick with us. There will be a new thread for the new week tomorrow :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure