Changes to Reward and Ultimate Reward Accounts

Comments

• melbell
    melbell Posts: 488 Forumite
    pqrdef wrote: »
    Well mine are 10 months/year and 8 months/year and I'm not doing anything about it. These silly rules can get too picky.

I've got my own T&C, which say that the price of my custom is £5/month 12 months/year. If they don't comply, I will close my accounts and they can kiss goodbye to their chances of flogging me a Clarity card.
    You sound stupid you know

I bet Halifax will be glad to see the back of you and the rest that have just been leeching off them.
  • slush
    slush Posts: 108
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Has anyone seen any specific reference to the BoS Reward account regarding such a change?
  • pqrdef
    pqrdef Posts: 4,552 Forumite
    melbell wrote: »
    I bet Halifax will be glad to see the back of you and the rest that have just been leeching off them.
    12 months later they'll be offering me £100 to come back.
    "It will take, five, 10, 15 years to get back to where we need to be. But it's no longer the individual banks that are in the wrong, it's the banking industry as a whole." - Steven Cooper, head of personal and business banking at Barclays, talking to Martin Lewis
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    pqrdef wrote: »
    12 months later they'll be offering me £100 to come back.

Which is a better deal than the £75/year they are currently paying you to keep you as a customer as at least you won't be taxed on it!
  • Ryan101
    Ryan101 Posts: 244 Forumite
    Just got off the phone with the Halifax on a unrelated matter and asked about the changes and was told (Not sure if this is 100% true but its what she said):

1) Direct debits minimum of two regular month to Utilities (Gas, Electric, Mobile phone) or Credit Card payments, must be for variable amounts and not fixed repayments.

2) £750 credit must be by BACS payment only, not TFR (Internal) or FPI from another bank, so for example wages or benefit payments, interest payments are not included in the £750 total.

She said my EDF Direct Debit and Home Insurance would be fine, but going to struggle on the BACS payments.

She did sound knowledgeable, but I really don't know, would advise checking yourself to find out, but its one way of weeding everyone out.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    neither of these two statements are supported by their written T&Cs. I think they are both ridiculous, particularly number 1.
  • latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My utility and mobile DDs are fixed amounts......

I guess like most of these things, most people dont know the full details and hence people get told a load of nonsense particularly before the change takes place.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 19 December 2012 at 5:53PM
    latecomer wrote: »
    My utility and mobile DDs are fixed amounts......
    What does that matter? So long as they have different 'originator' reference numbers they'll satisfy the T&Cs.
    I guess like most of these things, most people dont know the full details
    All "most people" have to do is read the 4-page document (either online or the paper copy they'll send out in due course), which contains all the customer needs to know. Quite why people have to ring Halifax and ask is beyond me. For example, the requirement is to "pay in", ie credit the account with, £750 per calendar month. Since the T&Cs don't stipulate where it must come from, and the converse...where it must not come from, why are people asking Halifax call-centre staff to speculate?

This thread is going to go the way of the LTSB Vantage thread, where people were trying to put their own slant on clearly written T&Cs.
    and hence people get told a load of nonsense particularly before the change takes place.
    See above...it's pure speculation/canteen gossip/group think!
  • latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What does that matter?

Just making the point that utility bills etc are not necessarily varying amounts to counter the previous post

In general people are just speculating about all aspects of it.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have just remembered that all our discussions about changes next May are academic anyway - the end of the world is scheduled for this Friday. How irresponsible of the Halifax to make us believe there will be bank accounts after the apocalypse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20764906
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport