Still getting chased 6 months on!

Hi all,

I was filed for Bankruptcy on 19th Feb 18, last week one of my creditors sent me a letter chasing the full amount, I called and gave them the reference number and that was that.

Now over these nearly 6 months, I've had to do this quite a bit as I had nearly 20 creditors, all have taken the reference number and that's been it, now is it normal for the OR to take their time with providing details or generally being slow with things?

I know that the OR's are probably really pushed for time at the moment, but here are 2 examples of what I think is strange behaviour:

One of my bank accounts is still open, I have a Monzo Current Account which the OR stated in Feb would be closed, however, it's still open and I can use it.

Secondly, the OR didn't contact HMRC to state I was bankrupt as about 6 weeks ago I received a letter from HMRC stating that I should have notified them of my change in circumstances and that they were sending a cheque to the OR for overpayments of tax for 17/18 tax year. I was told by the OR in Feb that I would have a 0 tax code for the remainder or 17/18 tax year and then go back to a normal one for 18/19 and the money I got extra from being on a 0 tax code I should then pay the OR, however, that didn't happen as mentioned above.

Anyone else had this similar experience with the OR?? I'm almost at the halfway point and every time I've called the OR to question something they've not really been interested imo, unless I'm just fretting over nothing.

T.I.A

Comments

• I went bankrupt in December 2017 and my bank account has only just been closed, it all depends on the speed of your bank.

As annoying as it all is you will be discharged in 6 months, i would say it's best to leave the OR alone and just respond to the creditors.

I made a template email and just ping it out, usually works!

Try not to worry to much, it will all work out
  • Oh right I see, so it could still be closed then.

Yes, it is a bit annoying but it's nice to be able to give them a reference number and then say bye!

I just wondered if it was standard practice that's all. Looks like it is, so will not worry too much now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure