BEWARE!!! PARCEL2GO.com (.CON) IS A DISHONEST COMPANY!!!!!!

Comments

• You must have X-Ray vision then as you can't see into a UPS truck unless you were literally standing outside the back of the truck and getting in the drivers way when they were unloading.
    custardy wrote: »
    Parcel2go dont have warehouses.
    you gave the the 'right'
    According to UPS and the Parcel2Go agents they do have a warehouse. UPS confirmed the address, which may be an office block or proper waehouse but that is where UPS sent and the address and post code does match to that of the Bolton address Parcel2Go uses. I am only stating the information I have on record and during recorded phone calls in my possession. Whatever it is , the fact remains that following its return to Parvel2Go, ling after my parcel was returned to them, Parcel2Go has been lying about where it is, why they failed to keep their promise to return it to my address and have been very dishonest in their handling of the matter.
  • Parcel reference number: P2G46708840

Dear Customer services
    I am writing to you to raise an issue about A Parcel comparison (and booking) internet site called Parcel2go.
    The issue that I have experienced was they are very simply a company that makes money from missing/lost parcels. If you’re not fully insured they will deliberately prevent you from making a claim/contact with the courier and profit from the lost/damaged parcel compensation received from the delivery company which in my case was Myhermes.
    No help/ explanation will be given detailing the situation/location of the package, just a very fast paced automated system which encourages you to accept £20. This offer is continually pushed upon you by their employees therefore minimising any responsibility and effectively lets them operate with impunity leaving you with zero options.
    I asked to see proof of the transcripts between parcel2go-myhermes..yes you guessed it they wanted £10 to send…so much for freedom of information.
    My Issue with this company is they are preventing me from finding my parcel!! I want to make my own investigations into the missing/stolen package but they are preventing me from doing so! Myhermes will not even entertain the thought of investigating this matter with me because I mistakenly booked through parcel2go.
    The booking was made on the 11th of December, posted on the 12th,last tracking details received on the 16th,case opened on 20th(NOT MY DECISION),case closed on 27th. I was effectively told just to accept my £20 cover and go away. Parcel2go staff are trained to push the basic £20 cover claim to facilitate closure without giving any explanation into the details of why the parcel went missing which is not good enough. At least if you’re being mugged you have a certain amount of control over the situation but most companies of this nature run an extremely cowardly and Machiavellian operation.
    I’m asking for the return of parcel and help press charges against myhermes or full refund of £167, I posted full proof of parcel contents and value but they will not help me file a complaint against Myhermes.
    I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply back via this email account.
    Yours faithfully,

Ben woods
  • Diamandis
    Diamandis Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Really you should have learned a lesson here with regards to properly insuring packages but I don't think you have.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    benwoods wrote: »
    Parcel reference number: P2G46708840

Dear Customer services
    I am writing to you to raise an issue about A Parcel comparison (and booking) internet site called Parcel2go.
    The issue that I have experienced was they are very simply a company that makes money from missing/lost parcels. If you’re not fully insured well why would you leave yourself 'not fully insured'?they will deliberately prevent you from making a claim/contact with the courier and profit from the lost/damaged parcel compensation received from the delivery company which in my case was Myhermes. You didnt select Myhermes so why would their T&Cs matter?
    No help/ explanation will be given detailing the situation/location of the package, just a very fast paced automated system which encourages you to accept £20. You mean the cover you chose?This offer is continually pushed upon you by their employees therefore minimising any responsibility and effectively lets them operate with impunity leaving you with zero options. Yup seems standard,why would you expect differently?
    I asked to see proof of the transcripts between parcel2go-myhermes..yes you guessed it they wanted £10 to send…so much for freedom of information. This is not your information
    My Issue with this company is they are preventing me from finding my parcel!! I want to make my own investigations into the missing/stolen package but they are preventing me from doing so! How do you plan on doing this? Myhermes will not even entertain the thought of investigating this matter with me because I mistakenly booked through parcel2go. You didnt really mistakenly though,did you?
    The booking was made on the 11th of December, posted on the 12th,last tracking details received on the 16th,case opened on 20th(NOT MY DECISION) It just happened without you even contacting them?,case closed on 27th. I was effectively told just to accept my £20 cover and go away. Yup,thats the terms you chose.Parcel2go staff are trained to push the basic £20 cover claim to facilitate closure without giving any explanation into the details of why the parcel went missing which is not good enough. Well you dont get that info from most carriers At least if you’re being mugged you have a certain amount of control over the situation but most companies of this nature run an extremely cowardly and Machiavellian operation. and yet folks like you contine to choose them....
    I’m asking for the return of parcel and help press charges against myhermes or full refund of £167, I posted full proof of parcel contents and value but they will not help me file a complaint against Myhermes. Great,if you had sufficient cover for £167,you dont.
    I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply back via this email account.
    Yours faithfully,

Ben woods

Ben,Im not sure who this post is aimed at,no customer services here.
    Simple answer you chose a service that didnt cover you in the event of loss/damage.
  • starrystarry
    starrystarry Posts: 2,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    OP was ranting about this on Mumsnet the other day as well. Then took offence when some people pointed out where she went wrong. She PMd several people accusing them of working for P2Go and then stated that only people who agreed with her were allowed to comment on her thread. I'm sure you can imagine how well that went down. I think Mumsnet HQ took the thread down in the end.
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 January 2018 at 8:53AM
    Many years ago I sent two 2.5 litre cans of Farrow and Ball emulsion paint through the post via Parcel2Go.

Together they were worth £70 and were extremely well packed, but on arrival the top had popped on one of them and about 30% of the contents had leaked into the box, but fortunately not to the outside.

When I tried to claim the standard £20 parcel2go insurance towards the £35 cost of the damaged can they pointed out that liquids were not covered in their small print so in the end I didn't get a penny.

I simply accepted that I had took a calculated risk and it didn't pay off so on this occasion I lost out.

I wish the OP could do that too.
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • mikebenf
    mikebenf Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 8 January 2018 at 10:06PM
    I am, at present, dealing with P2G over a lost parcel (it's the second one in a month) which they say was delivered. It is one of the most frustrating tasks that I have ever undertaken. You can't talk to anyone, you have to do everything on the live chat and if your typing ability is not of the first order it takes forever. I have a nerve problem in my hands so typing means going back over my work and editing a lot of the words, my (original) spelling at times can be very interesting.

Frustration and exasperation build up quickly and I'm quite sure that the live chat procedure is designed to get claimers to just throw their hands in the air and give up, which is what I'm about to do.

At least the OP kept at them so give him a chance to blow off steam. I know he's not right in all he says but he does raise a point and unless you have had to deal with P2G over a lost parcel you really do not have the right to have a go at him no matter how much of a barrack room lawyer you are.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    vacheron wrote: »
    Many years ago I sent two 2.5 litre cans of Farrow and Ball emulsion paint through the post via Parcel2Go.

Together they were worth £70 and were extremely well packed, but on arrival the top had popped on one of them and about 30% of the contents had leaked into the box, but fortunately not to the outside.

When I tried to claim the standard £20 parcel2go insurance towards the £35 cost of the damaged can they pointed out that liquids were not covered in their small print so in the end I didn't get a penny.

I simply accepted that I had took a calculated risk and it didn't pay off so on this occasion I lost out.

I wish the OP could do that too.

I would argue they werent extremely well packaged.
    Also keep in mind that had your package leaked,it could lead to multiple damaged item claims for the carrier.
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 January 2018 at 9:04AM
    custardy wrote: »
    I would argue they werent extremely well packaged.
    Also keep in mind that had your package leaked,it could lead to multiple damaged item claims for the carrier.

Exactly, hence why I was so relieved to hear it had only leaked inside!!!!

Trust me it was well packed. I’ve sold over 900 items on eBay since 2001 and never had anything else arrive damaged. It was double boxed in two 3 ply cardboard boxes with that thick "partially shredded" cardboard evenly packing the space all around the inter and outer boxes. The cans in the inner box were in separated and held tightly in custom cut polystyrene carriers and each can was wrapped in industrial film. The whole outside of the outer box was completely wrapped in packing tape to keep it waterproof ‘just in case’. There was also minimal damage to the box so we still have no idea what exactly happened!

The cans were also never opened and had been delieverd to me by post in far less substantial packing just 2 weeks earlier.
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    vacheron wrote: »
    The cans were also never opened and had been delieverd to me by post in far less substantial packing just 2 weeks earlier.
    Sounds like they were dropped at some stage (probably before you ever received them) and the can's integrity compromised. I've seen tins of paint explode which looked perfect just prior to doing so. I've also seen a tin of paint accidentally dropped from a height of three metres and not spill a drop!
    You were lucky your paint parcel was so securely wrapped.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback