Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Moneybot wrote: »
    Just seen this as a Mum story I really hope the Mum isn't on facebook

" to the time where she got so drunk on holiday that she wet herself and accidentally smashed up a light in the hotel room which caused a power cut �� My mum is definitely a character!"

Well, it's original. Tbh, it's no worse than what I've read on some acquaintances Facebook pages over the years. I have breathed a sigh of relief or two that I don't associate with folk like that :rotfl:
    I would be mortified if some child of mine put it on though just to win a prize. What is the prize btw? is it worth showing a parent up for, or is it a £5 voucher or bag of crisps? :rotfl::rotfl:
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    There is no prize worth posting that about your mother.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • dontone
    There is no prize worth posting that about your mother.

It's a fair point.
    It could have been worse, they could have posted what their Mam was doing to actually break the light bulb.
    I can only hope that they meant that it was a lamp that got broken. :rotfl: Poor woman, someone she knows is bound to spot it and have a pop about it to her. I feel sorry for her.
    Another reason why they should have forms to fill in instead of stories, the boundaries are getting pushed too much.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    Violins at the ready: Mums! We want to know what your ultimate Mother’s Day gift would be. Comment below and tell us for your chance to win a £20 M&S voucher, a £20 Boots voucher and a gift set from the Body Shop.

from this comp: https://www.facebook.com/FortKinnaird/photos/a.10150104877036342.272226.240807781341/10154465418811342/?type=1&theater

Sob stories alert! Loads posting about just wanting to spend the day with their mothers who have passed away etc!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • Moneybot
    Are you naming people or giving links so that the person could be identified?

• dontone
    Are you naming people or giving links so that the person could be identified?

TBH, I did ask which comp it was so I could have a look and see what else was posted. I might have wanted to enter it because I'm hopeless at finding FB comps anyway. It wasn't really different to what gets posted one here sob story wise (although tbf, it was a bit of those 'what the fudge?!?!' ones that we see ocassionally). There was no names or links posted. (the Boden link got posted and that was fine, as was others IYSWIM) There is even a link posted today that seems to okay, so I really don't know what has happened.
    Perhaps someone has reported it.
    Be Lucky

• Moneybot
    dontone wrote: »
    TBH, I did ask which comp it was so I could have a look and see what else was posted. I might have wanted to enter it because I'm hopeless at finding FB comps anyway. It wasn't really different to what gets posted one here sob story wise (although tbf, it was a bit of those 'what the fudge?!?!' ones that we see ocassionally). There was no names or links posted. (the Boden link got posted and that was fine, as was others IYSWIM) There is even a link posted today that seems to okay, so I really don't know what has happened.
    Perhaps someone has reported it.
    Be Lucky

If it was a member of the forum and they felt they could be identified from the post they would ask for it to be taken down.

• dontone
    If it was a member of the forum and they felt they could be identified from the post they would ask for it to be taken down.

No problem putting in on Social Media to win a prize though. That's what I don't get. :rotfl:
    I'm expecting this post to disappear now. :rotfl:
    Be Lucky.

• Moneybot
    It's a funny old world the comping forum I agree.

What people post on social media and what they post on here do sometimes appear to conflict or contradict.The twitter feed with don't post the competitions posted on here on mse then posted on here by the owner of the twitter feed. I totally don't get that one but hey ho.

• zuzuspetals
    zuzuspetals Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Just read this on the Matalan facebook page. It's a competition for holiday vouchers. I will never understand how people can use personal tragedy for a competition entry.

We'd love to take our two boys and my dad to Santorini.
    Santorini is a stunning place and the only place I've been abroad with my mam who sadly died 11 years this year!
    We found out she had cancer and was given the talk in hospital to prepare for the end so I told her she was not getting out of wearing a hat for my wedding (she always had her hair back combed and never wore a hat even with chemo!)
    When we heard the sad news about the length of time we arranged our wedding in 9 days from booking it to the day all outfits etc. My mam made the ceremony but had to go back to the hospice on the afternoon. My dad had a bad turn with his chest so he wasn't there at the evening do either 1f622.png😢. My mam got progressively worse and died 8 weeks after our wedding. We never had a honeymoon as we didn't want to risk her passing when we were away and also couldn't afford it. We found out that I was pregnant after she passed so she has never met my gorgeous boys, my dad's health is getting worse and we've also lost her brother last year also with cancer.
    We've had a house floor resulting in being out of our house 9 months the full term of my second pregnancy (he was born the day after we got back in our home!) and I had a car accident in 2009 which has resulted in being left using crutches permanently now and on a cocktail of medication which still doesn't numb the pain!
    Our family has been through so much this last decade we could do with something good to happen to us!!
    Sorry for such a long post but I felt I had to put it all in!! 1f622.png😢
    My boys would love a holiday as they've never been away neither has my dad!! Thanks for reading xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure