Tales from The Shire

Comments

• I always find it more useful to measure inches rather than weight FS. You may weigh the same but could look drastically different due to muscle being denser than fat. Dont be too concerned about weight :)

Concentrate on the other health benefits of being fitter - improved cardiac and lung function, greater concentration levels and the feeling of being stronger! All things you're bound to feel if you carry on with the exercise! You're putting me to shame and inspiring me to do more - keep it up!
    MFW - diary has finally arrived!
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    You eat so well that now you are starting to run the weight will decrease. Watching with interest and well done for doing it at all
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    Wonderful to find a good electrician!

As far as your weight loss is concerned - remember that muscle weighs a lot, you might be putting some on :)

All I can say Karma is that I'm feeling very 'muscular' at the moment :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    therocket wrote: »
    I always find it more useful to measure inches rather than weight FS. You may weigh the same but could look drastically different due to muscle being denser than fat. Dont be too concerned about weight :)

Concentrate on the other health benefits of being fitter - improved cardiac and lung function, greater concentration levels and the feeling of being stronger! All things you're bound to feel if you carry on with the exercise! You're putting me to shame and inspiring me to do more - keep it up!

I definitely think my leg strength is improving Rocket and there seems to be a slight improvement in the way my clothes fit. I'm just not running fast enough or for long enough to see much of a difference yet. But that will come I'm sure. Especially as Week 5 ups the ante!
    You eat so well that now you are starting to run the weight will decrease. Watching with interest and well done for doing it at all

I eat well most of the time DIA but I do like a cake... and chocolate... and wine.... :rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • I completed Week 4 of C25K yesterday :T:T:T I can almost complete a circuit of the lanes around our house now :)

Picked up a prescription yesterday and, for the first time in years, the pharmacist asked to see my medical exemption card. It expired two months ago! Fortunately I didn't have to pay but I will have to drop into the surgery and complete a renewal form. Apparently there can be a £100 fine if your card has run out :eek:

Met up for lunch with one of the writing project team yesterday. We need to draft a document to send out so worked on the content. £20 spent which will come from personal spends. My meal was a bit lack-lustre though although my friends was very good. I just chose the wrong thing on the day I think.

Very glad I spent my Hou$£ of Fra$£r voucher when I did :eek:

Enjoy your weekend guys

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Was hoping you hadent ordered from H of F online as all the orders have now been cancelled :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Was hoping you hadent ordered from H of F online as all the orders have now been cancelled :eek:

I managed to get my order in just in time Beanie and it was delivered the next day.

Fortune x
  • Well our good deed of letting Farmer Giles graze his calves in the bottom field has back fired. The bullocks in the next door field have taken down our entire boundary fence in an attempt to get through to them :eek:

I made one call and sent two texts to Farmer Giles to let him know and got no response - no advice, no offer of help. I got an immediate response when I said he'd have to move his stock out though :mad: I'm cross because he was supposed to put up an electric fence to stop this happening.

Farmer Jones, who owns the bullocks, was more helpful. He came with his wife to make some immediate repairs to the fence and has come up with a longer term solution. His cattle have taken the fence down but it was on it's last legs anyway. There is a covenant on our property which requires us to maintain the fence but we wouldn't have had to do anything this year if the bullocks hadn't taken it down. He has offered to put a new fence up if we buy the fence posts. It seems a reasonable way forward. Not that I'm happy about having to fork out for 30-40 fence posts :(

I'm expecting Karma to make amends for this injustice - a nice, big lottery win this weekend would do it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Other than that little drama, I have been busy getting the house clean and tidy for weekend visitors. DS2 and partner are coming to stay for a couple of nights.

So best get the duster out...

Fortune x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good grief, Fortune! Given my user name on here :o I'll see if I can send some Woo to the lottery gods :p and also to Farmer Jones :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Blimey, that is not good.
    I would have found it quite scary.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karma has started to make amends :T My story is now on line :D

You can read it here if you're interested.

If you like it, the previous story I had published can be read here. Just scroll down the page and you'll find it.

Both are free to read but ratings, reviews and comments would be very appreciated - glowing of course ;)

Now Karma, how about that lottery win :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Gaynor
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback