Virgin Media - How to get the best deal?

Hi

I'm currently with VM and now out of contract. I'm paying about £56 for 2OOmbps and Phone. I contacted VM and asked the best deal and they said take the TV service and you get it for £48/month. Given I've seen deals for fibre at around £27/month (be it only 55-67Mbps), I'm wondering what I need to do to get a better deal out of them? also seen my same package being advertised for £32/month for 12 months.

I'm also worried that if I go from 200mbps to 55mbps the gamers in the house will might be disappointed. Any advice?

Regards

J

Comments

• Games shouldn't be moving a great amount of data up and down your internet connection in play, they are more concerned with latency than bandwidth and consequently if sensibly designed keep the data requirements low.

It's stuff like streaming video that needs the throughput, but even so the fibre connection described should be fine unless you're looking at multiple simultaneous 4k streams.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure