Starting over 2017

Just as the title suggests really, starting over after the ugliest of years ever. Family illness, my own illness and now losing my job means it's time to start over.
Need to do my SoA so that's the plan over the next few days and then tackle everything head on, interest only mortgage, negative equity, credit card, bank loan, Tesco loan and get a new job/career. It ain't gonna be pretty but we will get there. Wish us luck:)
Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly

Comments

• :wave:hello and welcome and wishing you good luck. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks, no spend day today visiting friends. Doing SOA on Saturday when I've got all the paperwork together
  • :wave: hello and welcome you are in the right place and wishing you good luck

Some wonderful supportive people on this forum

Sam x
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Dorastar
    Minimal spend today £8.68 on some food & drink essentials because we had none in. Menu plan was written before we went visiting friends for a few days so that's all sorted. Started on the SOA but it's grim reading so have made a lemon drizzle cake (we had all the ingredients in) and am having lots of brews to keep me going.

So far the scores on the doors are
    MrT loan £15,551.94 stupid mistake consolidation
    Bank loan £7157.28
    CC £2212.86
    So grand total of £24922.08😱

Mortgage £160,000 interest only & still in negative equity because of when we bought & local housing market not recovered

More cake needed after writing that down!
  • Hayles70
    Hayles70 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Hi Dorastar,

I just wanted to check in to return the favour! We do sound like we're in a very similar situation so I will be subscribing! We can do this, there's no turning back!:money:

:beer:
    LBM 05/03/2019(Last updated 05/03/2019) Total Debt = £23,802:mad:/£23,802
    BC £8635/£8635
    TCC: £6547/£6547
    NWCC: £7,170/£7170
    Next: £0
    OD1:[STRIKE]£1000/£1000 OD2: £450/£450
  • Dorastar
    Cancelled phone insurance because covered by another insurance. Started a PPI case from a consolidation loan ages ago and emailed 2 more companies about settling their accounts. Have highlighted a list of direct debits that we need to look at over the next week to see how much we can cut monthly outgoings. Feel like I'm making slow but steady progress through the treacle that is debt.

Managed to not spend anything other than this morning's spend so happy with that. Hoping for a no spend day tomorrow too.
  • Dorastar
    NSD today, just lots of tidying round the house. Have even decluttered the bits and bobs drawer! Can't believe the number of half used smelly and unsmelly candles we've been hoarding, if the lights go out we're sorted for months.
    Not done SOA because children kept demanding stuff including food, they are both still growing and seem to be constantly hungry. Pasta x2 and curry x2 for tea followed by jam tarts made by DD, she lives baking.
    Menu planning to do tonight and some more knitting with a lovely ball if wool given to me for a bit if babysitting yesterday.
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    Hi. Goid luck making your plans and facing up to the debt figure. I'm sure you can do this, you certainly sound like you know what to do
  • Dorastar
    Thank you, I know the principles but the practice is much much harder. The unknown job aspect is a huge worry but I can't do much till the old job is settled first. I have one more pay day to go so have time to plan for a more frugal life
  • One step at a time dorastar do the soa you dont even need to post it here just be honest with yourself.

Ie can i cut my tv package

Can we look at survey websites and cashback websites to boost our income slightly.

When are mobile phones up for renewal could we go sim only

Do i really need a 60 quid sky bill or 32 quid gym membership etc etc
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback