Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Timalay
    • By Timalay 23rd Mar 19, 10:41 AM
    • 776Posts
    • 388Thanks
    Timalay
    0 WOW
    Free Google Home Mini with Spotify Family
    • 23rd Mar 19, 10:41 AM
    0 WOW
    Free Google Home Mini with Spotify Family 23rd Mar 19 at 10:41 AM
    https://www.spotify.com/uk/family/

Have heard it may take a while to get said Google mini.
    Last edited by Timalay; 05-04-2019 at 6:26 PM.
Page 1
    • LazySaver
    • By LazySaver 26th Mar 19, 8:42 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    LazySaver
    • 26th Mar 19, 8:42 PM
    • 26th Mar 19, 8:42 PM
    Has anyone actually managed to get a Mini?
    I've signed up and got a message that I would receive an email when the Mini was available to order - Nothing further...
    • FluffityBunny
    • By FluffityBunny 26th Mar 19, 10:10 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    FluffityBunny
    • 26th Mar 19, 10:10 PM
    • 26th Mar 19, 10:10 PM
    Yes, got confirmation email when ordered through offer, received it within 5 days (delivered last week).
    • Blondetotty
    • By Blondetotty 27th Mar 19, 8:59 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    Blondetotty
    • 27th Mar 19, 8:59 AM
    • 27th Mar 19, 8:59 AM
    Mine was delivered Friday and is up and running. I ordered it the same day as it appeared in the MSE email.
    • HalfPint
    • By HalfPint 27th Mar 19, 1:27 PM
    • 634 Posts
    • 767 Thanks
    HalfPint
    • 27th Mar 19, 1:27 PM
    • 27th Mar 19, 1:27 PM
    Ordered mine last Thursday and it turned up this morning 👍
    DEBT FREE DATE: 05/02/2015!

Those things in life that we find the hardest to do, are the things we are the most thankful we did.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 30th Mar 19, 7:32 PM
    • 34,001 Posts
    • 21,464 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 30th Mar 19, 7:32 PM
    • 30th Mar 19, 7:32 PM
    Sorted mine out just now, should be delivered next week.
    • PenJ
    • By PenJ 2nd Apr 19, 8:12 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PenJ
    • 2nd Apr 19, 8:12 AM
    no home mini yet
    • 2nd Apr 19, 8:12 AM
    I've not received anything from Spotify yet - has anyone?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 2nd Apr 19, 8:22 AM
    • 34,001 Posts
    • 21,464 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 2nd Apr 19, 8:22 AM
    • 2nd Apr 19, 8:22 AM
    I've not received anything from Spotify yet - has anyone?
    Originally posted by PenJ
    You got an email from Google ?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 4th Apr 19, 7:15 PM
    • 34,001 Posts
    • 21,464 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 4th Apr 19, 7:15 PM
    • 4th Apr 19, 7:15 PM
    Mine arrived yesterday.
    • LizPhoenix
    • By LizPhoenix 8th Apr 19, 9:53 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LizPhoenix
    Hi all,

I got the email and clicked the link and my mini arrived on Friday. However, I noticed the full £49 had been debited from my bank account. I contacted Google who seemed to be aware that this had happened to some people and advised me to contact Spotify.

I've finally received a response from the payment team at Spotify today simply asking me to check I accessed the offer through the correct site, etc (which I did) and telling me to return the mini I received for a refund, but they haven't mentioned how I am supposed to get my free one!

I tried clicking the link from the email again and clicked to add the mini to my basket, but this brings up a message to say I can't do this as there's a maximum limit I can order.

I'm really not sure what to do now - surely the easiest option would be for Spotify and/or Google to just refund the amount that was debited?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Liz
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Apr 19, 1:23 PM
    • 34,001 Posts
    • 21,464 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hi all,

I got the email and clicked the link and my mini arrived on Friday. However, I noticed the full £49 had been debited from my bank account. I contacted Google who seemed to be aware that this had happened to some people and advised me to contact Spotify.

I've finally received a response from the payment team at Spotify today simply asking me to check I accessed the offer through the correct site, etc (which I did) and telling me to return the mini I received for a refund, but they haven't mentioned how I am supposed to get my free one!

I tried clicking the link from the email again and clicked to add the mini to my basket, but this brings up a message to say I can't do this as there's a maximum limit I can order.

I'm really not sure what to do now - surely the easiest option would be for Spotify and/or Google to just refund the amount that was debited?

Thanks

Liz
    Originally posted by LizPhoenix

Did you not check throughout the process if it mentioned an amount you were to pay ?
    Last edited by DCFC79; 11-04-2019 at 10:00 PM.
    • aliellerbsmm
    • By aliellerbsmm 14th Apr 19, 7:51 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    aliellerbsmm
    Hi all,

Thanks

Liz
    Originally posted by LizPhoenix
    Liz, this has happened to me too. It said the amount would be deducted at checkout and as you clicked through it never happened and I got charged.
    I refused delivery, contacted google, got a refund. I've emailed spotify several times and they have now effectively said 'tough' you can't get one as you only get one code!!! Even though the code didn't work.
    It appears they don't value all premium customers the same.
    • Kamaya
    • By Kamaya 14th Apr 19, 1:36 PM
    • 377 Posts
    • 3,477 Thanks
    Kamaya
    Ebay has been flooded with them now - managed to get one for £14 yesterday
    Best competition wins:
    2011 - £3,695 Tag Heuer watch!!
    2012 - £50 High Street Vouchers
    2013 - £250 Sony Digital Stereo System
    • LittleMountain
    • By LittleMountain 18th Apr 19, 6:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LittleMountain
    Any update since the offer ended?
    I received my email with a link last night but when I tried to order this morning, no discount was applied in the basket so I didnít add card details. (I assume this was whilst the offer was still live).

If I donít get to claim the offer Iíll be well annoyed to have spent £15 for no reason..
    • LittleMountain
    • By LittleMountain 19th Apr 19, 8:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LittleMountain
    Update
    MSE havenít updated the page regarding whether or not those who had signed up for the offer already would actually still be able to claim the free mini home, so wanted to post my experience.
    I contacted Spotify Care on Twitter who were super speedy to respond. They checked my account and said the email link might not work until the £14.99 had been debited from my bank account. (This happened 2 days after having signed up). I tried the link again but had the same problem as someone above mentioned - there was a limit as to how many devices I could claim, ie, one, which was already in my basket at £49 - sans discount! I then decided to delete the item from my basket, closed the browser and tried the email link a third time. It worked! Delivery apparently wonít happen until 14th May but Iím glad Spotify/Google have been true to their word in helping people claim who had already signed up. Good luck everyone, happy googling!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

761Posts Today

5,598Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin