Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Carrie2018
    • By Carrie2018 12th Apr 19, 7:35 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Carrie2018
    Where best for auction prizes
    • 12th Apr 19, 7:35 PM
    Where best for auction prizes 12th Apr 19 at 7:35 PM
    Looking for suggestions for companies that are happy to donate as Iím trying to help a local charity with their silent auction and raffle, hoping someone can help by pointing me in right direction
Page 1
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 13th Apr 19, 4:34 PM
    • 8,422 Posts
    • 18,220 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    • 13th Apr 19, 4:34 PM
    • 13th Apr 19, 4:34 PM
    When I was looking for prizes for a local charity, I took letters on headed paper, and wore my uniform, and just went to as many companies as I could. I included the local sports team (who donated a signed ball), flower shop, hairdresser, supermarkets, etc. Local businesses were the most generous, along with supermarkets. Other larger businesses were more likely to refuse.

I have also seen people asking for charity prize donations on local FB pages.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 16th Apr 19, 10:25 PM
    • 28,949 Posts
    • 11,863 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:25 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:25 PM
    No location, but as above you need to do the footwork and possibly spend a little to get some leaflets done first.

Make sure your raffle is legal. It maybe seen as gambling, there are rules.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

754Posts Today

5,601Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin