PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2020 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning,

I’d like to join you all this year. Please can you put me down for £200 for January. This is to cover food/toiletries/household bits for myself and DH.

Our freezer and pantry are full, and as the freezer definitely needs defrosting I will be eating from here first, so hopefully, will have money left over from the budget.

Many thanks for running this challenge.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 27 December 2019 at 9:11AM
    Last year turned into an uncontrolled disaster due to not paying attention :o
    In again this year with a new determination and a lot less going on!! £3600 annual budget for me please! :D This will be broken down into £150 a month on day to day stuff and £150 bulk purchases.
  • Hello!

Can I join please? £500

That's for two adults & two children. My month runs from today to 30th January.

I've joined before but been absolutely useless at coming back on here to update! Hoping 2020 is the year I do come back as feel a bit like I could do with some support as struggling with money a bit lately. BUT, 2020 is going to be a blooming good year! Bring it on!
  • sausageelza
    sausageelza Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 27 December 2019 at 10:54AM
    Hi

Can I join in? I'm a newbie that has joined MSE to get a grip on our shocking waste of money.

Could you put me down for £450. This includes food for 2 adults and one dog, toiletries and cleaning products. It sounds a lot I know, but we have regularly hit the £600 mark over the last few months :eek: and will need to come down slowly.

Thank you :)
    12K in 2020 #85 £215.53/£3K, Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #11 £34.31/£300, Frugal Living Challenge 2020, Grocery Challenge Jan 2020 £265.54/£450
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Please sign me up for £120, Elsiepac. Thanks again for running the Grocery challenge. I hope that 2020 is a great year for you.

That £120 covers all general groceries for 2 adults. We have a separate Meat Fund (£40/month) but that only gets spent every 3 months or so.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons,
  • Hi elsiepac thank you so much for running this thread. Please can you put me down for

£100 for January please. Annual £1,325 & cat food to be recorded Cat food £22.60

December i was gutted to come in 10p over budget - i really thought i'd made the target!

This year i'm doing an annual budget of £1,325 this is for 2 adults food and all toiletries and cleaning products too. The cats spends will be recorded but i'll never cut back on them so i'm not including it in the challenge ;)
    Mortgage Balance
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning I haven't been in here for ages can you out me down for £150 till end of January as I have enough food to keep an army going and will try and use up to start a new running total in February.Thank you
    Frugal challenge 2024

• Thank you elsiepac for stating the new thread. I`m going to aim for a yearly total of £5200
    hopefully I can keep to a £100 a week budget.
    MFW 2020 #46 Mortgage free July 2020
  • hi all can i join in My budget its £200 for 4 weeks but im hoping to come in way under as my freezer is well stocked as i totally blew budget in Dec - spending to relieve depression never works well
    finances disaster but baby-stepping back to security:

2024 let's do this !!
  • MadamMim2013
    MadamMim2013 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 December 2019 at 3:14PM
    Helloooo...
    Back and enthusiastic for 2020.. :rotfl:

Please put me down for £350 for JAN :D

Shall be really keeping an eye on what’s going out the house this month.. no need for treats.. Soooo much given to us! :rotfl:

Good luck to all & here’s to a prosperous new year :T:j:T
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts