PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My Champagne moment yesterday was going to watch Captain Marvel in 2D with my Odeon Limitless card.

I have never been particularly interested in the past in this genre of film, but I had seen the trailer for Captain Marvel a number of times and as it was a female lead and full of action, I decided to go and watch this film and I am so glad that I gave it a chance. I absolutely loved it. :D There were so many well developed characters and the action was almost non stop and I enjoyed the story line. Captain Marvel was kicking butt all over the screen and I was constantly cheering her on throughout the film. I would give this film 9/10 because it was so much fun to watch :j:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.....

Cold, wet and windy here. I have been out and about this morning but now it's hygge time.......just tucking into cheese on toast......my all time favourite but I'm not supposed to eat grains and also I have to go easy on the dairy so cheese on toast is now very much a once in a blue moon treat so I savoured every mouthful. Just 30g of cheddar on one slice of toast. Food of the gods...who needs caviar......never did like the stuff. :rotfl:

Champagne moment last night.......weighing in at Weight Watchers and losing 2.1/2lbs wahoo. :j. Not bad for a first attempt. I bought a couple of books and on checking through I realised that I made quite a few mistakes last week but I still lost weight. Beginners luck!!!

Anyway I do have at least 2 stones to lose so I'm in this for the long haul. I did lose 1 stone under my own steam but then I plateaued and got stuck so decided I needed the support of a slimming club. I'll get there.

T14. Some amazing bargains. We don't seem to have jumble sales round our way. Pity.

Butterfly......well done on the ebay sales. I really must have a go.

SUgarbaby.......thanks for the film review. Sounds like fun.
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My Champagne moment yesterday was going to watch Captain Marvel in 2D with my Odeon Limitless card.

I have never been particularly interested in the past in this genre of film, but I had seen the trailer for Captain Marvel a number of times and as it was a female lead and full of action, I decided to go and watch this film and I am so glad that I gave it a chance. I absolutely loved it. :D There were so many well developed characters and the action was almost non stop and I enjoyed the story line. Captain Marvel was kicking butt all over the screen and I was constantly cheering her on throughout the film. I would give this film 9/10 because it was so much fun to watch :j:D

I saw Captain Marvel on Saturday, Sugarbaby, and loved it too. It was such a pleasure watching a film where there was a female lead who was allowed to solve her own problems and who didn't need to get rescued by an obligatory romantic entanglement. All the female characters were strong and resourceful. You don't have to be familiar with the Marvel Cinematic Universe to enjoy this film.

I also loved the opening credits, which were a tribute to Stan Lee.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    PipneyJane wrote: »
    I saw Captain Marvel on Saturday, Sugarbaby, and loved it too. It was such a pleasure watching a film where there was a female lead who was allowed to solve her own problems and who didn't need to get rescued by an obligatory romantic entanglement. All the female characters were strong and resourceful. You don't have to be familiar with the Marvel Cinematic Universe to enjoy this film.

I also loved the opening credits, which were a tribute to Stan Lee.

- Pip

Hi Pipi, I am glad you enjoyed Captain Marvel as much as I did. Did you notice that Stan Lee had a cameo in the film as a passenger on the train?
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    My Champagne moment yesterday was going to The National Theatre for a talk on The Greatest Literary Anti Heroes which I really found enjoyable. I had a free ticket for this event. :D

My Champagne moments today were that because of the big lump sum payments I made in December 2018 on my Council Tax and Thames Water accounts, I only had a further £21.65 for Thames water and £21.20 for Council Tax to pay and I paid those amounts today. I now have nothing to pay on either account until April 2020. :j:D
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Sugarbaby.
    Our council tax and water rates are paid over 10 months so February and March are what I call 'free' months!
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    sheilavw wrote: »
    Well done Sugarbaby.
    Our council tax and water rates are paid over 10 months so February and March are what I call 'free' months!

Hi Shelia my council does council tax over 10 months as well.
  • CollieDog2
    CollieDog2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    My champagne moment was my youngest son turning 25! He's independent, working and has been asked to consider moving to another city by his employer as an advancement step. Not bad for my baby who had health issues and a speech impediment that required four years of speech therapy.

I'm a proud Mum.

PS. I am the poster formerly known as WonderCollie. I got locked out of my account.
    Formerly Known as WonderCollie
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CollieDog2 wrote: »
    My champagne moment was my youngest son turning 25! He's independent, working and has been asked to consider moving to another city by his employer as an advancement step. Not bad for my baby who had health issues and a speech impediment that required four years of speech therapy.

I'm a proud Mum.

PS. I am the poster formerly known as WonderCollie. I got locked out of my account.

Well done to him :T
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done to your Son Colliedog2, you must be very proud of him
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing