Options

Comments

• afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 November 2014 at 8:54PM
    Options
    MrCeez wrote: »
    Can I get this deal without the tv package?
    I only really need a internet and phone deal.
    Thanks

I think you can but the deal works out cheaper with the TV as the Quidco cashback is a lot more that way.

I have just signed up for BT and got a cracking deal:

BT TV (includes a Youview+ Box) + Broadband + Calls via Quidco has £250 cashback at present (expires today):

http://www.quidco.com/bt-broadband/?ac

BT also have a 'Black Friday Sale' of a £50 Sainsbury Gift Card

So went for the TV Essential + Unlimited Broadband + Weekend Calls (12 month Contract) it costs:

+ £10/month for 12 months = £120/year
    + Line Rental Saver £159.84/year = £13.32 a month
    + £35 Activation fee
    + Home Hub delivery Charge of £6.95

Total = £321.79/year or £26.82/month

Less £250 Quidco Cash Back - paid out as Amazon vouchers to get the 6% bonus so = £265

Total = £56.79/year or £4.73/month

Less £50 Sainsbury Gift Card

Total = £6.79/year or £0.57/month

Then

I paid the years line rental (£159.84) up front on my credit card paying 1% cash back = £1.60 Cashback

I opted to pay the £35 activation fee plus the £6.95 delivery fee on my first bill which is via Direct Debit from Santander123 which pays 3% Cashback = £1.26 Cashback

I will be paying £10 per month for 12 months also via Santander 123 getting 3% Cashback = £3.60

So a further £1.60 + £1.26 + £3.60 to take off = £6.46

Gives a final total of £0.33 for the 12 months or £0.0275 a month

I think that is my best ever deal on anything!

:beer:

Edit: When I spend the vouchers on Amazon I will do it via Easy Fund Raising which pays my local good cause 1.5% cashback = £3.98

So it will work out that I am in effect 'making' £3.65 on the deal!
  • maas
    maas Posts: 512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    !!!!!! :money:

Im surprised you havent worked it so that they pay you ;)
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I already have my phone with BT so I'm guessing I won't get cashback on them.
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    maas wrote: »
    !!!!!! :money:

Im surprised you havent worked it so that they pay you ;)

If he's only doing it for the broadband, he could put the Youview box on ebay! (And the Home Hub if he's got another router he can use)
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 November 2014 at 8:40AM
    Options
    Now I am depressed because I have just asked Sky to sign me up for another year as my contract ends today. I have also just bought a Humax HD box (which I could take back because I think it's faulty) I also have a Santander 123 account. I have 2 routers.

My only concern is Quidco. I always use Top cashback because I have had issues with Quidco's hit and miss tracking. It's a lot of money to lose. Also, it's all very well saying you don't pay but you are still paying for goods at Amazon and Sainsburys instead of just getting the cash back. You still have to purchase goods. I would prefer the cash.

Can I still cancel my Sky offer ? Do I have a cooling off period ?
  • happyjackhehe
    Options
    Sorry this quidco deal will I get this with unlimited bt infinity 1 + weekend calls?
  • hubb
    Options
    Again, can I still go ahead with this despite agreeing to another 12 months with a new offer from Sky which will start tomorrow when my current deal ends today ?
  • afmfifgh
    Options
    See my reply to you in post 905.
  • hubb
    Options
    This is the email they set me. Looks like I can't then :(

I'm writing to confirm that you have agreed to take up our fantastic Broadband Unlimited Free for 12 Months (Recontract) - Existing UK Customers. We also wanted to remind you that as part of this, you've agreed to re-subscribe for a new minimum term to the products listed in the table below.

If you cancel or stop paying for your subscription(s) before the end of the minimum term (other than where you have a right to do so under your contract), we may charge you early termination charges. These will be based on the amount of subscription payments due for the remainder of your minimum term less any costs we save, including the cost of no longer providing you with the service. We will give you reasonable notice in writing before making any charge.
  • afmfifgh
    Options
    The distant selling regulations should mean you have a right to cancel I would think. You should check the detailed T&C's. I would be surprised if you can't cancel.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback