PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    Siebrie wrote: »
    A good sleep is so important! My husband has gained some weight due to his new job within the same company, he now has a proper desk job, whereas before he would be up and down 5 flights of stairs all day (IT). He has started to snore!! I wake up (knowingly - so probably way more often) about 4 times a night and push him to turn onto his side, but he takes a long time to respond. My face has aged 10 years in 6 months :(, and I just cannot concentrate and get things done.

It's funny as I read your post earlier and then got this sent to me from a satirical site. :p:D

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/relationships/are-you-a-psychopath-or-do-you-sleep-next-to-someone-who-snores-20200123192769
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Omg my ex used to snore like a warthog, n I was so sleep deprived :eek:
    I'm a terrible sleeper now, also another night owl , n I'm never asleep before 1am.I was the same when I was teaching though , so not sure I can change now ;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    The snoring references are making me both chuckle and nod in sympathy!

No partner (I am single) but I grew up in a family of snorers...one of my brother could, I am certain, be heard 3 streets away!!!!...my sister who shared a room with me did not snore, but she moaned in her sleep, quite loud and worthy of a Hammer Horror movie sometimes! Thankfully, a good prod would get her to turn over and the moaning would stop for a while....I was MORE than happy to oblige with a prod!!!!…(I do not snore, but have been informed that I must be part canine...I turn round and round and round in my bed before falling asleep!)

My champagne moment today is not merely champagne...it is VINTAGE champagne....after decades of not shopping in sales due to them not stocking anything larger than a 28/30 in most stores....I was in M&S and they have their last-days-of-sale...some REAL bargains...I had the unmitaged joy of pushing my way through the throng searching the rails...rejecting some possible finds as too big!!!!...and finally snaffling two bargains...a skirt...and a pair of cords...less than £6 for the two of them...both in a 16 and both fit!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello my friends....

Prinzessilein. How wonderful for you now being able to take advantage of those size 16s. Well done you. I know I lost weight for health reasons but I have to say I now enjoy clothes shopping far more as a result of my weight loss.

In fact one of my champagne moments today.......I picked up a fabulous size 14 summer dress for £1 from the cancer research shop......it's Italian, pure cotton, bright turquoise and really pretty. It will look fab with a gentle tan......I never found bargains like that when I was pushing size 20.

Lots of great champagne moments this week, mainly of the indulgent pampering and beautifying variety, including a facial yesterday and getting my hair cut today. Also bought some new eye make up.

I am determined to up the elegance and glamour stakes this year. :D

Popped into Aldi. I am hosting a lunch tomorrow so picked up lots of nice nibbles, deli treats, wine and flowers (gorgeous red tulips, £1.79).

I do love Aldi and Lidl.....even with a tight budget you can eat like royalty.......:D.
  • balabooberlies
    Options
    Miss Prinzess

WELL DONE !
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I've been trying to get to sleep earlier this week but it has been difficult as my husband has been working nights. My sleep problems have definitely been exacerbated by living so long with a shift worker. I try to stay up later so I can let the dogs out to go to the toilet in the garden so they don't wake me in the middle of the night needing to go!

I have managed to be in bed by 11-12 and asleep by 12.30 every night though, so an improvement.

Even though I have had a cold I feel a lot better already and I can notice my mood feels less irritable as a result.:)

The healthy eating has gone well this week. I have picked a restaurant tonight where I can get a reasonably nutritious meal.

I am loving having fresh flowers in my living too, it's just a big bunch of humble daffodils this week but they do cheer the place up.

I'm off to make an almond milk matcha latte and have a pamper session before I go out.:A

My champagne moment today is not merely champagne...it is VINTAGE champagne....after decades of not shopping in sales due to them not stocking anything larger than a 28/30 in most stores....I was in M&S and they have their last-days-of-sale...some REAL bargains...I had the unmitaged joy of pushing my way through the throng searching the rails...rejecting some possible finds as too big!!!!...and finally snaffling two bargains...a skirt...and a pair of cords...less than £6 for the two of them...both in a 16 and both fit!

Brilliant!:T
  • sugarbaby125
    Options

I am in awe of the determination and commitment to losing weight that took you from being a plus size to being a regular size 16. Congratulations on your stunning weight loss achievement. You are a brilliant inspiration :T:D
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am in awe of the determination and commitment to losing weight that took you from being a plus size to being a regular size 16. Congratulations on your stunning weight loss achievement. You are a brilliant inspiration :T:D

Yea well done from me too, I bet You're buzzing :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Well another 8 hr sleep under my belt. Apart from one restless night which was entirely my own fault (too much screen time) I have now had over a week of good nights. And the difference is huge. I feel tons better.

Well done Wednesday on improving your sleep too. It really does make a difference doesn't it. I too find it easier to stick to healthy eating as a result of sleeping better, so it's double win.

And I'm definitely with you on having fresh flowers in the house. They don't have to be expensive. Around about this time of year I also refresh my houseplants. I love orchids, and they are surprisingly good value and they last for around 12 weeks. And of course houseplants improve the air quality in our homes so especially good in winter when we can't have the windows open quite so often. So I shall be buying some plants this week.

Had a fabulous day time yesterday, spent the day with DIL and grandson. Took him to the play centre in the morning.....and then back here for lunch. Bit tired today (toddlers are fab but exhausting:rotfl:) so a nice gentle day today.

The joiner is coming next week to make a start in the kitchen - wahoo and then when he's done the decorator can get cracking. So off to B&Q today to buy materials. So looking forward to getting it all done now.

My son has given me a fancy coffee machine for my "new" kitchen and I shall treat myself to a new kettle and some accessories. I might even have a splurge and buy some new tea towels.:rotfl:
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My Champagne moment on Monday was going to watch the film The Gentlemen at Streatham Odeon. I used my Odeon Limitless card to buy my ticket :D

Odeon says....

'The Gentlemen' follows American expat Mickey Pearson (Matthew McConaughey) who built a highly profitable marijuana empire in London. When word gets out that he's looking to cash out of the business forever it triggers plots, schemes, bribery and blackmail in an attempt to steal his domain out from under him.

This was a great crime story with lots of violent action and many laugh out loud moments throughout the film. I was thoroughly entertained and absolutely captivated by the twists and turns in the story. I laughed so many times. For me this film was a 10/10 :j:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback