nwolb - Natwest Online Banking - oooer!?!!

Comments

• It sucks, it takes so much longer to do anything, and is less accessible to those with disabilities - the text and boxes are smaller.

What I really dislike is being forced into having to state the period of the statement you want. A month was aways fine, and if I wanted to change it, I had the option on the left.
  • Can anyone help!!!! I am still having problems (see earlier post).It is driving me MAD.Am I the only person experiencing problems? I can use a friend's computer with XP and carry out a transfer...but try to use mine with Windows 2000 and I can't. The technical help team at Nat West are "working " to solve this problem...but after 8 days still no joy.To make matters worse I used the telephone banking service to pay my credit card bill and guess what...they paid the wrong card meaning late payment charge of £20.00. (which I will get back)..but it does not fill me with confidence.
  • viney
    viney Posts: 286
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Steve

What is the specific problem you are having, mine works ok.

Is your set up for Win 2k any diff to the XP or is it purely the operating system that is different?
    All that glisters is not gold, except moneysavingexpert.com
  • RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I really like Abbey's e-Banking system. When I switched to NatWest (Student - gotta get the railcard) I was a bit disenchanted. But unwittingly I got to know and like NatWest's system. It's awful now. Although I do like the "lumping together" of 3rd party and Bill payments - it means if a bill isn't on their approved list and you have to put a/c details in yourself you don't have to remember that it's under 3rd party rather than bill payments.

Still, bring back the old NWOLB!
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
  • viney wrote:
    Steve

What is the specific problem you are having, mine works ok.

Is your set up for Win 2k any diff to the XP or is it purely the operating system that is different?
    viney....I can log on ok...access my accounts ok...but when I try to transfer between my accounts I receive an error message that states " we can only accept figures to 2 decimal places"....even though I have entered the amount crrectly...ie...27.50. It is driving me potty because these are business accounts and I cannot pay my suppliers on line. There is obviously something in my computer which is clashing with their new set up, because I can use another computer with windows 2000 ok. They cannot give me an answer after 3 weeks!!!!!Any ideas anyone???????????????
  • viney
    Forumite
    Steve

A couple of suggestions.

It may be a problem related to the browser, have you tried firefox?

Failing that, I think if you disable javascripting, (to stop those pop up messages) that may get round it for you.

To disable java scripting go to:

internet explorer
    tools
    internet options
    security
    custom level
    scroll down to scripting
    the first one is active scripting
    click 'disable'
    ok it

then shutdown your browser and restart it and see if that works.

let me know
  • Viney......Thank you for your very helpful advice. I have at last managed to carry out a transfer on line.You are a genius...why don't you get a job with Nat west...they have been working on this for 3 weeks with no success. The only thing is I get a message that comes up saying that "your computer does not appear to support Javascript " will this affect the normal running of my computer? But I am very grateful for the advice you have given. You are a star.
    Cheers
    Steve
  • viney
    Forumite
    Steve

glad I could help

I assume it is the second option (disabling Java) that worked, did you try the first as well?

Switching off Java scripting should make no real difference to the site.

However, as per the advisory message on the website, make sure you only select or click links once (don't double click) otherwise I think it may give you an error or throw you out of online banking and you will have to log back in. It is more hassle than anything else.

The other thing is make sure you log out of the service properly, always use the log out button and you should be fine.

Dont forget to put the java scripting back on when you finish as otherwise it may impact other sites that you go to.

It should work until they find a proper fix!

I'll get my job application in now!
  • viney wrote:
    Steve

glad I could help

I assume it is the second option (disabling Java) that worked, did you try the first as well?

Switching off Java scripting should make no real difference to the site.

However, as per the advisory message on the website, make sure you only select or click links once (don't double click) otherwise I think it may give you an error or throw you out of online banking and you will have to log back in. It is more hassle than anything else.

The other thing is make sure you log out of the service properly, always use the log out button and you should be fine.

Dont forget to put the java scripting back on when you finish as otherwise it may impact other sites that you go to.

It should work until they find a proper fix!

I'll get my job application in now!
    hello again...the saga continues......i have at last been informed that my problem is caused by an old jscript.dll file.Have tried to find out how to replace it ..with little success.All of my updates are the latest available.Microsoft helpline was as helpful as Nat West helpline...(ie...none at all!!!!) Does anyone know how i can sort out this problem.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling java...but this has had no effect...HELP !!!!!
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,625
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Three major gripes with the new system,

-The dialog boxes/text are smaller
    -The cursor is not automatically placed in the PIN entry position after entering customer number
    -You are now forced to enter a period for the statement you want to view (hey here's an idea try the most recent ones!!), whereas the most recent ones automatically came up last time.

Poor. They should turn the website into a trendy wine bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure