Paypal is refusing me my refund

Comments

• mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Did you take out finance with PayPal, or simply pay with a card linked to your PayPal account?

Your consumer rights are against the seller, not PayPal. PayPal didn't sell you anything.
    Unfortunately this is one of the risks of buying abroad - you took a chance to get the goods cheaper, but you don't have the same level of protection for purchases.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Any claim you make whether it be through Paypay or S75 is going to fail simply because they have proof of delivery.

As for the fake signature, have you ever tried to sign one of those electronic pads with your finger? You know it's just a squiggle so the fact it's been signed at all is enough for them.

You would struggle with this even if it was al UK based, but throw in the fact it's Chinese and you really are in trouble with this one.
  • sweetha
    sweetha Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I agree, that they have proof of delivery in terms of signature, but the thing is they did not take a name down with the delivery, so I can contact the neighbour in question. Also, I was not left with a note that it was left with a neighbour. I am able to prove that I was not in at the time of delivery and due to the area I live the next neighbour would be around 200 meter away, I assume they did not leave it there.
    @mattyprice4004: I took out a credit with PayPal, which is protected by s75 under my contract with them.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sweetha wrote: »
    ...due to the area I live the next neighbour would be around 200 meter away, I assume they did not leave it there.
    Rather than assuming, could you not ask that neighbour?

Just an idea.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    I agree, that they have proof of delivery in terms of signature, but the thing is they did not take a name down with the delivery, so I can contact the neighbour in question. Also, I was not left with a note that it was left with a neighbour. I am able to prove that I was not in at the time of delivery and due to the area I live the next neighbour would be around 200 meter away, I assume they did not leave it there.
    @mattyprice4004: I took out a credit with PayPal, which is protected by s75 under my contract with them.

I am able to prove that I was not in at the time of delivery and due to the area

But in post no 3 you say
    I waited on that day for the parcel to arrive. No knock on the door or a phone call!
  • sweetha
    @sheramber: True I waited for that day, however, I asked for the delivery proof and the timing stated I was away due to a personal matter for 1 1/2 hour. I live in a very rural area, with only two neighbours who are within reach, but one was not in the country and the other person was at the same place as me.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You waited in all day yet managed to pop out for 90 minutes. So you didnt wait in all day?

Citation? What country/state are you in?

Paypal are accepting a fake signature? How do they know its fake?

Nobody needs to refund you if they have proof the items were delivered.

And if you change your story when you speak to them, its not a shock they dont take it as 100% true.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    Ouch.

You cannot take DHL to court as their contract is with the seller.

You cannot take the seller to court as you have bought from someone outside the UK.

Unless your PayPal payment was backed by a credit card (as mentioned above) then your only other (but dishonest) option is to open a dispute for not as described and returns the <nothing> that you have received.

Have you contacted the police and reported it stolen? If not, do this. I personally wold then tackle DHL againm state that yu have reported it as stolen by their driver, and the police will be in contact.

It’s a bit strong accusing the driver of theft.
  • sweetha
    I did not change my story with them as they gave me a time frame from 8-12 am, as they tried to deliver the item the previous day and left a card.
    The accusation that the driver might have stolen the item is not harsh, simply because I asked DHL the previous day through the online option to keep the item at the depot, but they decided to deliver the item on their own will.

I also do not see the connection with me leaving for 90 minutes and DHL being irresponsible.
    I am based in England and two circles are not a signature and as far as I concerned not a proof, so I upkeep my view that the driver stole the item and it is up to him to prove he did not.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    I did not change my story with them as they gave me a time frame from 8-12 am, as they tried to deliver the item the previous day and left a card.
    The accusation that the driver might have stolen the item is not harsh, simply because I asked DHL the previous day through the online option to keep the item at the depot, but they decided to deliver the item on their own will.

I also do not see the connection with me leaving for 90 minutes and DHL being irresponsible.
    I am based in England and two circles are not a signature and as far as I concerned not a proof, so I upkeep my view that the driver stole the item and it is up to him to prove he did not.

You literally went from 'I waited in all day' to 'I did not wait in all day'

You cannot throw an accusation then expect them to prove he didn't steal it.

I say that you drew two circles in an attempt to pretend you didn't get the item. Now you prove you did not (see...)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure