IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Business Centre

Comments

• beamerguy wrote: »
    What about the signage, how clear are they and what do they say.

MIL will buy just any old thing if £££'s are part of it.

It is very clear that MIL don't actually know what they are buying and when they get to court where they mostly lose, they have not done their homework as you are about to do.

Suggest you go and take a set of pictures of the area and the signs.
    Then upload to a photo hosting site like photobucket and then paste the link here. As you are a new user please use hxxp:// instead of http:// and one of us will make it live for you.

Let's see what the real picture is. With the signs do a full frame

Hi

I have tried to paste the link and got this message

Sorry as a new user you are not allowed to post with links. This is done to stop spammers clogging up the site. Please edit your message below to continue.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    @cueball

Before you do anything else
    you should log on to MCOL (Moneyclaim Online) using the instructions shown in the box to the centre-right on the front page of the claim form. You will need to create a Government Gateway ID first (straightforward process) and then use the log-on and password provided on the claim form.

Acknowledge service of the claim form and choose the option to defend the matter in full but do not put anything in the defence box yet. Opt to submit your defence later.

By doing this you will give yourself a total of 28 days in which to respond. Do this now before you forget and before time runs out.

Once you have completed that stage come to PePiPoo forum and search through the many, more detailed threads there for advice. Look for my advice in the multitude of MIL Collections threads (I post as Hotel Oscar 87 on that forum).

The first thing you need to bend your head around is that this case will be fought principally on legal grounds (of which there are plenty) not the facts of the case.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • cueball
    cueball Posts: 36 Forumite
    Hi beamerguy
    here is the link to the pic's hope this works right this time, also the offence is "Not Clearly Displaying a Valid Permit"
    hxxp://s1174.photobucket.com/user/cueball5/slideshow/
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Those signs are woeful.

Have you acknowledged service of this claim on MCOL, I hope so, to get yourself time to submit a defence? Please confirm you have, and that you've read bargepole's post, the second link I put under 'Small Claim?' in the NEWBIES thread?

You need to read that to understand the paperwork & which boxes to tick/what happens when. Then show us your draft defence by copying from all the others here you find when you search this board for keywords.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cueball
    Thanks and yes I have acknowledged online at MCOL, I will read bargepole's post. I have not got much time left to submit my defence, the issue date on the claim form is 15/09/16 I acknowledged before the 29/09/16 so I think that I have until the 15/10/16 to submit?
  • HO87
    @ cueball

I agree with C-M the number and positioning of the signs is dire. It would be even more useful if you have a photograph showing the wording on the signs as I suspect that it isn't sufficient to offer a contract.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • cueball
    edited 8 October 2016 at 1:27AM
    Thanks HO87
    I can get a pic tomorrow and add it, I did wonder if the signage was adequate, there is nothing indicating Pay and Display on the entrance and no signage whatsoever on the track side which would be the way most drivers would be facing when they parked up.

I'm reading through bargpole's post at the minute, a quick question does my defence have to be a postal response and not an online response ?
  • HO87
    @cueball

At this stage your defence can be filed by email. Do not file it online as you are likely to run out of space. But you have some time left to file it yet and there is no necessity (nor any advantage) in filing it early.

I can let you have the email address and some instructions to use in due course.

The wording of the signs is going to be the key to this and if what little I can read is any indication then I suspect that MIL will have to whistle. Then again MIL don't really care they are in this for the money and can well afford to drop cases that are defended because they make so much more from the poor patsies that just blindly pay up.

• cueball
    Thanks HO87

I will get a pic of the signs later.

C-M wrote in #15 Then show us your draft defence by copying from all the others here you find when you search this board for keywords.

Can I copy verbatim or will it need to be doctored to suit, so as not to seem to be just copied and pasted ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    If it's MIL defence then copy, unless details (like contravention & facts) differ.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure