PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete

Comments

• Exciting news - Got a letter yesterday from the developers confirming the date we can move in.

Now we're just carry on the seemingly never ending wait to get our mortgage approved. Hopefully it'll be this week, I know the mortgage company were there last week for the valuation.

Update - Mortgage Approved!
  • Chedstog
    Chedstog Posts: 5 Forumite
    @BlueCardinal woohoo congratulations... one step closer :rotfl:
  • Chedstog
    @mleach - many thanks for this - yes it is very helpful as we wont be continuing with any of the companies, they are all in different areas. Also we have Virgin phone/tv/broadband at the moment and there is no broadband facilities in the new area, so something else that we need to consider!
  • pennyprincess
    pennyprincess Posts: 107 Forumite
    Completion day is here..just waiting for that phone call! Notified BT about 3 weeks ago that we moving and they called last night to say we won't get connection until 6June ..shocking really as they are the ones who have provided cables connections etc for existing build ! House three quarters packed up got to be out on Wednesday ..still tackling the dust and dirt with these Victorian houses with cracks and no double glazing it is literally an impossible task! I shall be very sad to leave my home of 14years though. Happier to be paying a mortgage not rent! Derboy sorry to hear your move has been delayed good luck.for next week
    pennyprincess - getting more for less:p
  • pennyprincess
    pennyprincess Posts: 107 Forumite
    Fab..hopefully all will.be smooth runnings from now!
    pennyprincess - getting more for less:p
  • Chedstog
    @pennyprincess - congratulations on your long awaited day :beer:
  • Chedstog
    we have removal companies coming in today for quotes (hubby 'working from home') - will be interesting to see what they say as its a full pack - my husband is asthmatic so needs to be away from all that dust disturbance (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) ;)
    going to try Sky today see if they can give me a good deal as new customers
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Our roof started to go on the new build yesterday - other half drove by in the morning as the trusses arrived on a truck, drove past it after work and they were up!

We went to have a look on the way to dinner last night and its all starting to get a bit real all of a sudden.

We need to be out of our house by Friday morning next week, mst of it has already been moved, just the last clothes and the big furniture to move and we'll wrap 10 years up on Friday at that address.

TV license done, home insurance done, car insurance to do, solicitor still incompetent beyond belief.

other than that - we should be in the new home by the end of July, until then, staying with family.
  • -pete-_2
    -pete-_2 Posts: 96 Forumite
    We gave notice on our current place today, whatever happens we will be out of here on July 26th. I just hope its to our new home rather than my OHs parents place!
  • Derboy
    Derboy Posts: 168 Forumite
    Bit of a gut punch today. Whilst out shopping for a new bed for my wee boy, got a call to say that there's a delay with the electrical hook up and we won't get the keys till the 10th of June. Needless to say I'll be having serious talks on Monday but have fired off an email asking for lots...

If we don't get it, we're going to withdraw.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure