Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Visited GP this afternoon - another month off work,more antibiotics and an inhaler. It's the 1st time I've been out for a walk since before Christmas and I felt very wobbly - probably because I've had this chest infection.
    Had a proud moment when I was on my way home - called in Morrisons and was in the queue about to get a drink and a cake cos I was feeling a tad sorry for myself - I put my tray back came home and had a cuppa and a couple of biscuits instead.....how me is that:money::money::money: about £3.50 saved and bet the biscuits were less calories than the cake that didn't even look very inviting.
    Today I am grateful for
    - antibiotics
    - knitting
    - tea and biscuits
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Braved it and phoned work about my sick note - why do I feel guilty ?
    Tried to chase the hospital for an appointment but no joy - left my number for them to phone back.
    Started taking the decorations down but felt totally washed out - did everything except the tree and lights in the garden - will do those with dh tomorrow. Cleaned the windows and polished brasses on fireplace just to brighten the place up.
    Today I am grateful for
    - to to keep me company
    - my actifry
    - FaceTime wher I could see my granddaughters
    - a NSD
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    If you need to be off then you need to be off.
    No need to feel guilty.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    I know Beanie but still feel I'm letting my workmates down....

Finished taking the decorations down and I'm quite pleased - usually I don't want to see them go.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You are not letting your workmates down.
    Looking after yourself on Dr's orders.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Lol I went to local pets at home shop with dh today - 1st time out without my crutch but it was a case of walking from the car to inside the shop to look at new fish for the tank. I'm trying to build up the walking unaided - the 1st person I saw was a parent and child from school.....ah well I have to go out - didn't feel too bad if I saw anyone when I had my crutches but I ended up telling this mum how it was my 1st time out without crutches - bet it sounded like an excuse!!!
    I was quite chuffed though as the child has quite severe problems including Downes Syndrome and he recognised me straight away even though I was out of school and gave me the biggest hug ever.

Feel loads better today but still coughing a bit. Glad I've got the extra antibiotics to clear it up properly. Finish them on Monday and hoping I'm right by then.

Today I'm grateful for
    - getting out of the house
    - hugs
    - blue skies
    - NSD
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Ds came around today and we went out for a walk. I was dead chuffed as I walked without any crutches - I linked dh from time to time so wasn't going totally solo. It felt good - we walked through a local park and to town by its side - had a coffee and sit down and walked back. I wore the new Fitbit I'd had bought me for my birthday at the end of September and totalled 9000 steps - a third of what I used to do but it felt amazing. Just need the confidence to go it alone.....
    We were undecided what to do for tea and ended up in M&S they were reducing all the meals to about a pound - so I spent £25 (paid full price for milk and bread) but we had nearly £80 of food - dh and ds have meals for dinners at work and we have several meals for teas in the freezer. I don't usually do ready meals but couldn't pass these.

Today I am grateful for
    - 9000 steps
    - yellow woopsie stickers
    - dh to hold on to
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Milann you're only 2 years older than me. Great that you went out without the crutch xx When I was recovering from my broken ankle last year I set myself small goals. To be honest it's still not right which really annoys me.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • SA, after knee surgery, things still weren't right for me until I got fitted for orthotic insoles. These help to correct the bad habits created when favouring the painful limb. They truly made all the difference and might be worth a try. They were expensive but back then I had access to a work related healthcare subsidy that helped.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    It's surprising what a difference inserts make . I've had them for about 12 years and the odd time I get fed up and wear a shoe without them if I'm going out and want to wear a sandal with a dress - boy do I suffer the following day with my ankles, knees and hips....

I had intended to go a short walk without my crutch again today but just can't bring myself to do it on my own. I've really lost my confidence - will do a few more walks with dh but not link him - this has really surprised me - I'm terrified of my leg giving under me as it suddenly gets tired. I need the appointment to come through from the hospital so I can drive again then try the treadmill at the gym. This is so out of character for me - I usually push myself....but physio was explaining how nerve damage is different to any injury I've had in the past which has just needed to repair and build up muscle again and how the brain has to re train nerves....

Today I'm supposed to be sorting my kitchen work tops - still have bags we brought home from dds after Christmas piled on there and we've felt so rubbish with chest infections they've stayed put!!!
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure