Cross Stitch Cafe 2016 - Spend Less and Stitch More

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I do the same with crochet, I have 3 different projects on the go i get half way through then frog it, but with cross stitch I only do one at once. I've put my crochet away to concentrate on the leopard, i'm getting much more done now. I always wanted to try making my own clothes but I've no room for another hobby yet!!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • nmm
    My latest leopard update, not sure if you can see a difference, lots of confetti stitching atm.

jnm_leopard_update_200316_zpsuspvy7vs.jpg
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Looking great nmm
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nmm
    Hope everyone is ok, my plan is to complete the leopard over the bank holidays, haha anyone care to join me in finishing a ufo this weekend?
  • Mrs_ceejay
    Mrs_ceejay Posts: 306 Forumite
    Have been stitching like crazy,want to finish Sydney,hem and finish the dress l am making.will and try and get my hydrangea cushion done but haven't found the right colour to back it,can't decide between a lilac or a pink.its annoying!!

nmm
    Hope you finish the lovely leopard,can't wait to see it done.

Have a lovely Easter,weather here has been a lot better than forecast,sunny but cold in the shade.
  • nmm
    Mrs Ceejay, that's a few things to be getting on with, good luck finishing the dress and Sydney.

I think we got hit by storm Katie, been heavy rain and hail here :( The Leopard not finished yet, damn you confetti stitching, haha.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Nmm I got a few stitches done on my lyric cushion panel but got engrossed in line of fire on catch up so we've watched the first two series of it.
    Hope to get a bit more stitching done as I've got two weeks off for Easter.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    nmm wrote: »
    My latest leopard update, not sure if you can see a difference, lots of confetti stitching atm.

jnm_leopard_update_200316_zpsuspvy7vs.jpg

That's a beautiful piece of work, give your self a pat on the back.
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
  • nmm
    Thank you Rosie, I love stitching it. I have failed miserably on completing it over the weekend, ended up watching films, haha.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted - sorry, life is very busy. DH was made redundant last Wednesday. We had an idea it would happen but it still feels awful when it does! He has been doing a few jobs around the house and garden whilst looking for something else, which is good. He replaced a fence post yesterday and DS1's room needs decorating, so that will keep him occupied. He has an interview on Monday afternoon, and a couple of other places have his cv so we shall keep our fingers crossed.

On the crafting front, I have been mainly knitting the 12 drummers drumming for my knit and knatter Christmas display. I have decided to knit all the parts first then spend time putting them together so that they all look identical in terms of stuffing, sewn on faces etc. I would estimate that I'm about half way along at least, trying to make a couple of pieces each night (last night a hat and a front body piece) whilst watching corrie on catch up!

This means that I haven't picked up Collecting Shells for a while. I plan to have this as my weekend project for the foreseeable future. I have to help at a church event tomorrow evening up until about 8.30pm but plan to do a bit before and a bit after, then Sunday is free to stitch all evening.

nmm - well done on your leopard progress, it's looking amazing.

Mrs Ceejay - how is Sydney coming along? Not as many colour changes as the New York pattern, but still fairly colour heavy!

Right, better go and dry my hair before going into work. Don't want to scare the congregation lol!
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure