I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Glad your feeling brighter this morning.

Not sure how old your children are but could you look at any free/cheap activities that might be going on in the areas you are taking family breaks. Taking packed lunches/snacks and bottles of drink/flasks of tea or hot choc can cut costs as well. Could you save clubcard vouchers or nectar points and trade them for activities for the areas you are visiting.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning debtaghh,

You sound a bit more positive this morning :)

You have a plan and I'm sure you'll make it work xx
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad your feeling brighter this morning.

Not sure how old your children are but could you look at any free/cheap activities that might be going on in the areas you are taking family breaks. Taking packed lunches/snacks and bottles of drink/flasks of tea or hot choc can cut costs as well. Could you save clubcard vouchers or nectar points and trade them for activities for the areas you are visiting.

Thanks. I have tried looking for free activities but there doesn't seem like there is much. We get some activities included with our break so will do these ones. I don't really get Tesco or nectar points as I don't really shop there. Me and the kids are going to write a list of free ideas we can do over the summer... baking etc. Let's hope the weather improves compared to yesterday.

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning debtaghh,

You sound a bit more positive this morning :)

You have a plan and I'm sure you'll make it work xx

Thanks, I think I had a funny couple of weeks due to several reasons and was focussing too much on that. Your thread just reminded me I need to meal plan!
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

First official day of the summer holidays! Dd has a friend coming round later so me and ds and dd2 will just have a relaxing day. We did painting and baking at the weekend so may attempt the playdough today.

To do:

Check transfer has gone through and do other one
    Ring Sky if channels still not working ( we had cancelled it but then they offered us a really good deal that it worked out cheaper than the alternative)
    Washing
    Sort Ds wardrobe inclu toys
    Meal plan
    Write dd bday card
    Respond to texts
    Clean Mirrors
    Dust
    Sort kitchen out
    Pop to Lidl to buy ds nappies

I think that's it.

Have a lovely day everyone.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely day, glad you're feeling better x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    I used to love making playdough for my 2, used to add glitter which DD loved.

Saltdough is good as well as you could make it into a 2 day project, day 1 make and then shape into whatever animal, flower name etc and bake and then day 2 they could paint their creations, dead cheap to make to.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I managed to have a nsd yesterday and got a majority of jobs on the list done. We had a very good clear out yesterday which was good. I did the other money transfer so will check if either have hit my account. I also cancelled £80 of extras that I booked for our holiday to save money.

Today's list:

Washing
    Check if transfers have been done ( if yes, transfer to savings)
    Write dd card
    Pack dd's bag for tomorrow and remind ds to pack a bag of toys.
    Make lunch for work for tomorrow.
    Chase mechanic?
    Log reminders for certain dates

I think that is it.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    So I had a response to a post I put on another section regarding a dmp and it's pretty much what I said. Which means we will have to try and clear the debt the way we are doing now. I think once our minimums get lower if will makes things easier.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I'm working today so not much of a list:

Check finances - transfers all sorted yesterday and money transferred into savings. Look at how much debt reduction would help our minimums!
    Buy dd birthday cake
    Write dd card
    Don't forget lunch out of the fridge
    If I get the chance ... clean bathroom surfaces

Think that's it.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts