PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

No viewings on house for sale....

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 May 2017 at 1:11PM
    It's difficult to find on Google Street, but appears to be tucked up a corner.

The front looks cold and the front parking area badly needs re-doing. The 'dumped' wood also needs moving. The interior is fine, if people can picture their own furnishings, but at the moment the rooms look overpowered by large furniture, with little to soften the effect ; the heavy colours being part of the problem.

Another item which will be expensive to remedy is the windows .I think the curved sections look very odd and rather tacky.
  • I know Bridgwater very well. They are not going to get almost quarter of a million pounds for a very ugly 4 bed near the motorway. They need someone to manage their expectations in this regard.

I also note it is with Purple Bricks. I would have thought their fixed fee structure incentivises them to overvalue things, although I've not had any dealings with them.
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Goodness me, that's very red. I got to the red-purple one and wondered what people were on about as I quite like that, then a couple of photos on, wow, see what you mean. It can be painted over by a buyer but I'd worry it'd be a lot of effort to do so. They should start toning that down now.

The gardens look so unfinished. Even a couple of big plants in nice pots either side of the door would look more inviting - can they borrow any from the neighbours? Maybe a mat or stepping stone outside the front door, as at the moment it looks like an oddly big drop (implying the drive needs another layer of tarmac/gravel/lawn to finish it). And get rid of the spare planks and bag of cement.

Other than that it has to be the price.
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The conservatory is missing from the floor plan, but let's face it, no-one's looked that closely after seeing the price - they've already clicked the back button on their browser...
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    On another note, I'm assuming they haven't asked you to solicit comments on their house from strangers on the internet. Have they even asked your opinion on why they're not getting viewings? Just be careful about how you approach this - they may not thank you for sticking your oar in particularly if they get defensive about the decor! And for god's sake don't show them this thread... :eek:
  • The_Logans
    The_Logans Posts: 247 Forumite
    Have they asked for advice? If not, I'd mind my own business. Sorry that you have to listen to them 'banging on' about trying to sell their home as a result of their relationship falling apart. It must be so hard for you.

Edit: Just noticed you don't even call them friends but acquaintances. Hazard a guess, you live next door and are worried that their house isn't selling??
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    The_Logans wrote: »

Edit: Just noticed you don't even call them friends but acquaintances. Hazard a guess, you live next door and are worried that their house isn't selling??
    Or maybe it is the OP's house, but he doesn't want to expose himself/make his real identity known hence the classic "asking for a friend".
  • woolythoughts
    woolythoughts Posts: 292
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The_Logans wrote: »
    Have they asked for advice? If not, I'd mind my own business. Sorry that you have to listen to them 'banging on' about trying to sell their home as a result of their relationship falling apart. It must be so hard for you.

Live close by, worried the house isnt selling because we want rid of them like every other inhabitants of the close. Think large quad bikes being revved at up to 1 am and them spewing gravel all over the road as they enter and leave.

The front garden and drive they ripped up with many comments about "I'm going to get it done, I know the costings" adn its now been like that for over a year. Quoted now as "not going to spend money on doing the drive now".

Bloke wants the full asking price - but he wants to buy out the woman. Woman just wants it sold.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Live close by, worried the house isnt selling because we want rid of them like every other inhabitants of the close.

Riiight.
    The front garden and drive they ripped up with many comments about "I'm going to get it done, I know the costings" adn its now been like that for over a year. Quoted now as "not going to spend money on doing the drive now".

Bloke wants the full asking price - but he wants to buy out the woman. Woman just wants it sold.

Well, there's a surprise. Divorce sale, where one partner doesn't actually want to sell...

This is going to run and run.
  • Live close by, worried the house isnt selling because we want rid of them like every other inhabitants of the close.

We believe you: the litmus pH scale indicates this house is composed of acid rain, battery acid and drain cleaner.

2e22m9s.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport