nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Enjoy your holiday in the Shetlands:T
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • Staffordia
    Staffordia Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It has been so hot here today that I could only sit out for short periods at a time. Hard to believe that I'm going to need a coat in a couple of days up in the far north.

On the MSE front, I have done a 13p Tilly Tidy, and received a £15 H0m3bas3 voucher after I wrote and complained about the mix up in delivery dates for my garden furniture.

All holiday spending is budgeted for and I should have money left at the end of the month, rather than month left at the end of the money :T
    Mortgage Free November 2018
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    I realise that this diary is meant to be about paying off my mortgage early, but, the inevitable curve ball has arrived, and I have had to bring forward the new car buying plan, by a year.

Test drove new car today and I collect it in a couple of weeks. Small mortgage overpayments will continue until my fix ends next February, when I hope to remortgage to a lower rate and keep payments as they are now, thereby repaying more of the capital. I'm definitely still a MFW ;)
    Early Retired June 2020
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Staffordia - if I can show my face around these boards (I can't even remember the last time I made a MOP!!!) I think that you are absolutely a MFW :)
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • Staffordia
    nattypants wrote: »
    Staffordia - if I can show my face around these boards (I can't even remember the last time I made a MOP!!!) I think that you are absolutely a MFW :)

Thank you for making me feel better :). Here's to all MFWs who don't make MOPs :beer:
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Back from holiday and back to work tomorrow :(

I pick up my new car on Wednesday, looking forward to that, need to find my MOT and owner docs for old car before then, my office is calling me :eek:

Two days until payday, but still got money in my current account, :A
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Back to work, so a NSD. I also claimed my expenses from a work trip I made before my holidays, but I won't get too excited, as my daily allowance for meals when I am away from the office is the princely sum of £4.25! This doesn't cover the cost of lunch out anywhere that I have found, if only my employer wasn't still living in the 1960s ;)
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Hi Staffordia, have subscribed and looking forward to reading about your MFW journey.

My car is poorly sick at the moment too. I have just spoken to the garage and the bill is looking likely to come in at about £310.00 plus VAT (eek!!) so probably won't be able to make my first overpayment this month after all - hey ho!
    Just keep swimming!
  • Staffordia
    Hello itsadogslife, sorry to hear about your poorly car. I bit the bullet and decided to buy a new car when I was told that mine was going to cost me £2500 over the next few months. I'd had since new, and had done above average yearly mileage, so I had to let it go. I need a reliable car for shift work, and as I live in a village, public transport is sporadic.

I have had a busy couple of days, it was payday on Wednesday at last, July seemed a very long month. Also collected new car :)

Mortgage payment and standing OP went out today, so in a couple of days, the mortgage will begin 119, goodbye £120,000 :j
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Mortgage payments have cleared, I'm in my teens again :rotfl:

Tilly Tidy of 64p done this morning, it's surprising how all those little amounts add up.

Off to work later, roll on Thursday and the beginning of my days off.
    Early Retired June 2020
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport